A dedicated area for reviews, thoughts, and feedback on shop/welding products
Simclardy
    Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:41 pm

xland wrote:HI ACE,
Nice thread on scope and nice beads.
Was wondering where you connected onto welder as I need to do this to continue my repair on my 200AMP ac/dc/PULSE Digital TIG.
alupulse 200D.jpg
2 IGBTs let go and a gate resistor ,also both bridge rectifiers.
Got it going did a bit of welding (DC SS 80 amp pulse)all good.
Next time I switch unit on circuit breaker blows..............

My forum intro link is here

https://forum.weldingtipsandtricks.com/ ... 27&t=15923

Would like to start a thread on repairing/testing inverter welders, also your input would be valuable.
I can make the thread public or PM you for advice if thats OK

regards
X
am I the Ace? I can assure you I am not. I am just an electronic hobbyist. so I can't help much with repairing your unit but I would love to see a thread on this topic.
as to connecting, the ground is easy, the hot I tapped onto my adapter. you might be able to use a thin piece if copper and wedge it in between the plug and socket.
cheers

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

I think he's talking about your rank.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Xland, you're in oz?
Have you tried returning it for repairs?
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
Simclardy
    Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:41 pm

Coldman wrote:I think he's talking about your rank.
[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Timmy_Tiggs
    Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:13 am

Coldman wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:16 pm Thanks for carrying out this investigation, really interesting. It confirms what I already knew but could not understand why. I have no experience with Everlast or lots of other brands on the market, but I have used quite a variety in the past and also owned a few that I moved on because I did not like the arc (weirdness thereof). Nothing came close to my treasured Dynasty 200DX. Once you use it you don't go back down to lesser machines joyfully.
It's hard to justify spending several times as much money for a machine that has a fraction of the power of a Powertig 250ex, just because the Everlast occasionally stutters on start. We have a Synchrowave 210 here, and it's a great machine, but it doesn't have nearly the power necessary for the type of production welding of aluminum I do. We got a 250ex a little over a year ago and so far it seems to be doing a great job, mostly aluminum, but also mild steel and SS.
Jack Ryan
    Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:20 pm

Tabs123 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:21 am Hi Simclardy, Thank you for all this info it is much appreciated :) . I have a 200amp ac/dc tig welder that is very popular here in Australia (for a welder thats under $1800 aud) It has a digital screen and balance is just +10 to -10% and the user manual and manufacturer does not know at all what this means in regards to EP or EN percentages. So I am wanting to buy a current clamp and also a PC based oscilloscope. Could you tell me if I will need the Oscilloscope to have AC coupling mode? As the models Ive been looking at only are Dc coupling. Will a AC output on a Tig welder have any DC in it that will offset the signal being read on the oscilloscope. As I would not mind also checking my welders amount of EP and EN amplitude in regards to 0 and see if they are even in amplitude. Sorry im a bit new to oscilloscopes etc. Cheers from Australia. Regards Paul
Yes, this is an old post but...

Unimig label their control in a strange way.

The default (zero position) is 40% cleaning (DCEP)
+10% is 50% cleaning
-10% is 30% cleaning.

Jack
Jack Ryan

Simclardy wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:54 pm The third photo shows the voltage spiking over 5000 volts!
With a 50M samples/second CRO, you would be hard pressed to resolve a pulse that is 40ns wide. Those in the image are much narrower than that and you are not likely to see 5kV unless HF start is operating.

One reason some like to use an analogue CRO is that there is no aliasing - just a drop in amplitude as the frequency increases. At the limit of measurement, that is sometimes easier to interpret.

Jack
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Jack Ryan wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 7:48 pm
With a 50M samples/second CRO, you would be hard pressed to resolve a pulse that is 40ns wide. Those in the image are much narrower than that and you are not likely to see 5kV unless HF start is operating.

One reason some like to use an analogue CRO is that there is no aliasing - just a drop in amplitude as the frequency increases. At the limit of measurement, that is sometimes easier to interpret.

Jack
I just love it when you talk dirty, Jack… CRO and anti-aliasing is giving me a stiffy :lol:
Jack Ryan

cj737 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 8:55 am I just love it when you talk dirty, Jack… CRO and anti-aliasing is giving me a stiffy :lol:
I think you need to see Dr Nyquist.

Jack