What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
DCALLWELD
    Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:21 pm

image.jpg
image.jpg (69.32 KiB) Viewed 913 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (69.32 KiB) Viewed 913 times
Assume the pic made it first time off phone
Built from scratch with taking measurement from the boat on jacks , fit perfect boat weights 7500 empty
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (82.5 KiB) Viewed 913 times
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Well done!

How does she pull? What's your loaded tongue weight? Ideal would be 750# plus 10% of trailer empty weight... Electric brakes on all axles? DETAILS, man :!:

Inquiring minds want to know...

Steve S
DCALLWELD
    Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:21 pm

hey yes sorry some times I post things fast and don't put much about them, I'm not sure of the tongue weight of it yet im will get it checked and post it , also wondering my self. It has surge drum brakes on the axels and it will stop in a short distance and not get squirrely. I have never had to rely lock them up but have tested on a open stretch of road and it responded well. Over forth of july we pulled it about 500 miles round trip and it pulls wonderfull. I was on the freeway and able to run 75 with no problems. I wanted to get it on the trailer first then make all last changes then paint it. I know its steel and steel rust lol Thinking on hot dip galvanized but don't wanna have to pull all the lights and wires out , because they are all run in the frame and would have to cut the harness out of it. any thought on good coating solutions.??
    Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:34 am

Por15 is supposed to be good for frames in the vehicle world.
I would think anything industrial grade would work fine.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

79jasper wrote:Por15 is supposed to be good for frames in the vehicle world.
I would think anything industrial grade would work fine.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I've used it a lot!!

Excellent, expensive!!
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Price puts me off using POR15 though I've heard good things - I recently applied a similar product on a steel hull Tug - the owner found the stuff ( he is addicted to Ebay & saw it there though we bought it direct ) I cannot comment on the product or it's effectiveness until the tug returns later this year but it is competitively priced & easy to apply - I intend trying some on other steel items that get sea spray regularly & will report on how it seems to be holding up at a later date - if anyone is interested I will include a link if that's OK - I'm not affiliated to the maker or trying to promote it - just providing an alternative treatment.

http://www.aquasteel.co.uk/
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

noddybrian wrote:... if anyone is interested I will include a link if that's OK - I'm not affiliated to the maker or trying to promote it - just providing an alternative treatment.

http://www.aquasteel.co.uk/
I suppose as we continue to grow, it doesn't hurt to clarify this every now and again.

Links to vendors, recommended products and their data, design services, etc. that may be of value to other members are ALWAYS welcome. Heck, you can share links to Mr. TIGs videos, and others, if you're willing to take the fallout...

We only ask people to avoid promoting their own products/services for profit, and even there, you're allowed to post a link to your own website, business or not, with your signature. We all want to see what others do, and the link, by itself, is not a sales pitch.

Steve S