What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Butcher
    Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:14 pm

http://www.westcarybarbell.com/index.ph ... adi82kfkm3

http://www.elitefts.com/shop/bars-weigh ... t-bar.html

I am looking for input on this since it wouldn't require all that much materials or welding, however I know nothing of fabrication. It seems like the weld joints would be subjected to a lot of torque, especially the lower joints. But maybe what is heavy for lifting weights isn't heavy in welding terms? Where the weights go on would have to be 2" OD, the rest of it would have some wiggle room but be about 1.5" to 2" OD would be realistic. I am looking for any suggestions on what wall thickness/material type/weld processes to use.

Thanks in advance.
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Your playing with fire wanting to fab something like that with no experience. If a something failed during use, it could potentially injure the lifter and/or any spotters. I have worked out all my life and I know squatting usually entails some heavy poundages. Nothing like a weld snapping below horizontal and all the weights sliding off one side. I don't want to give workout advice but those cambered bars are gimmicks....We have one at my gym...but I never see anyone use it. 8-)
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I would take workout-related advice from exnailpounder at face value. I've seen his picture, and he knows workouts and exercise equipment.

Steve S
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Otto Nobedder wrote:I would take workout-related advice from exnailpounder at face value. I've seen his picture, and he knows workouts and exercise equipment.

Steve S
I'm here to pump..you..up! :D Thanks Steve. Seriously I would buy the bar rather than build it if it is a must have. My experience is leg presses are waaaay better than squats and I know plenty of back-injured squatters who can no longer squat who would agree with me.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.