What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
RookieWelder
    Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:33 am

I've been welding as a hobby for a few weeks with both flux core wire and stick. So far, I've built a welding table that came out pretty well (I won't bore you with yet another welding table project thread!), and I'm looking for some basic welding project plans. I thought that a quick Google search would lead me to more plan sources than I could handle - but I'm coming up short.

I'm hoping to find some plans for a garden/nursery-style wagon. Can anyone point me toward a source for simple welding project plans?

Thanks,

Dwight
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Mostly I get inspiration by needing/wanting something specific, or just from someone else's picture - then adapt to what I want.

https://www.google.com/search?q=garden+ ... =609042051
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Dwight welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

+1 to MNDave's response: start with the picture, and design from there. It's a great way to learn about design, for instance, and frankly it's more fun because the challenge is to make the most efficient design with the least amount of expense and material. You can customize it to fit your needs or available material. For instance, many of those carts have an expanded metal surface... which is great but what if you have a ton of plywood waiting to be used?

I have a cart design in my head, waiting to be realized in steel- a two wheel cart for use with a lawn tractor that I'll use to haul deadfall trees off the property.
Dave
aka "RTFM"