What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
rahtreelimbs
    Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:39 pm

I have a lamp in front of my home that either needed replaced of redone...........I decided to redo it. The lenses were ugly and yellowed. I decided to replace them with expanded metal. I am using a a halogen bulb.........we will see how the weather treats it. I also made an adjustable plant hanger out of 1 inch 304 stainless strap.

The wife's birthday is coming up and thought I would do something original using my skills and what ever I had laying around.........I did purloin the copper from work and the only cost was a rattle can of clear.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

In a past life I was given a job to build a custom lamp just like the one you have. It was a bid job and only for a couple hours. I don't remember how long it took me but it was at least double what they thought. Turned out very nice, was a pain to paint and we learned that it takes longer to build one of those than one thought. Chalk that one up for a learning experience.

Ok story times over, looks very nice. I have wanted to tackle a rose for some time, I guess there is no time like the present.
-Jonathan
countryboy83
    Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:07 pm
    Live in central part of Louisiana - Work Offshore in the Gulf of Mexico

those roses are amazing!! could you give a little bot of insight on how you went about making these?
delraydella
    Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

The roses are awesome! I made one for my future wife, she loved it, but I think yours turned out better than mine. My stem was too big of a diameter, but it was all I had lying around. I used 1/4 pipe for a stem, should have went out and bought 1/8th.

countryboy
they are pretty easy to make, if you type in making copper roses on youtube, there are a few videos that show you how. It's hard to explain without the visuals.

Other Steve
Attachments
1600.jpg
1600.jpg (42.59 KiB) Viewed 1441 times
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder
rahtreelimbs
    Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:39 pm

countryboy83 wrote:those roses are amazing!! could you give a little bot of insight on how you went about making these?

I printed out a stencil off the web. Just Google "COPPER ROSE." You get instructions as well.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Rich, I might have to try that.

I saw (finally) that I missed a couple calls from you again. I think this is a conspiracy from my cell phone provider... I only seem have issues receiving messages and calls when I'm eligible for an "upgrade" and contract renewal...

Anyone else get that feeling?

Steve S
Tassie Dave
    Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:04 am

Hi Steve S
I live in the land down under mate ( Tasmania) and get it as well. Sometimes it says i have messages in my voicemail and i never even heard the bloody phone ring, i might add it was quiet at the time . Bloody telco's ripping you off.
I have an
Esab LHQ 150
Pro Weld TC256 ACDC multi process Tig Cut MMA
WeldSmart Mig 200IGBT Mig Tig MMA and spool gun