What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
    Mon May 12, 2014 12:06 am

Finally getting my cart built for my Unisaw.... I've been thinking about it for 20 years. ..
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Glen
Miller Dynasty 200DX - Millermatic 350P - Hypertherm Powermax 45 - Hobart Handler 150
    Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:48 am

Nice!
I like the way you've housed the front caster and allowed it to rotate within the enclosure, and the choice of 3 contact points is great for uneven surfaces.
EWM Phonenix 355 Pulse MIG set mainly for Aluminum, CIGWeld 300Amp AC/DC TIG, TRANSMIG S3C 300 Amp MIG, etc, etc
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

is that a magnetic ground? if so what brand and do you like it?
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil

motox wrote:is that a magnetic ground? if so what brand and do you like it?
It's a 200amp Magswitch, seems to work okay when the metal is clean! It is convenient at times...
Glen
Miller Dynasty 200DX - Millermatic 350P - Hypertherm Powermax 45 - Hobart Handler 150

TRACKRANGER wrote:Nice!
I like the way you've housed the front caster and allowed it to rotate within the enclosure, and the choice of 3 contact points is great for uneven surfaces.
There are 4 casters... the small section is for the saw, large end supports the extension table and will be a shelf. There will be 6 leveling screws around the perimeter. Probably could have done only 3 casters, but!!!
Glen
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Very nice attention to detail. I love this stuff, I can spend hours looking at projects such as this.
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid

Finally making progress...

The casters are for mobility only, finally made some leveling feet..

Here is the simple jig I used to position the T handle..
ImageImage
Glen

Finally got some paint on the cart.
ImageImage
Glen

Wasn't easy, but got the saw onto the cart! Next, plywood/osb on the bottom for storage and the support for the table.
ImageImage
Glen

Top Job Glen

I like the combination of mobility and stabilized positioning.
EWM Phonenix 355 Pulse MIG set mainly for Aluminum, CIGWeld 300Amp AC/DC TIG, TRANSMIG S3C 300 Amp MIG, etc, etc

TRACKRANGER wrote:Top Job Glen

In this garage, it's a necessity, the floor is so uneven... Also, it needs the stability when you are trying to run a 4'x8' sheet of 1" MDF. The levelers almost don't retract enough to clear the irregular surfaces... The height ended up at nearly the same height as my new Miller ArcStation welding table...

Glen

GlenC wrote:
TRACKRANGER wrote:Top Job Glen

In this garage, it's a necessity, the floor is so uneven... Also, it needs the stability when you are trying to run a 4'x8' sheet of 1" MDF. The levelers almost don't retract enough to clear the irregular surfaces... The height ended up at nearly the same height as my new Miller ArcStation welding table...

Now you're starting to really tease me!!! ;) Wow that sure looks like a neat unit.

Many $$'s ?

Trev

TRACKRANGER wrote:Now you're starting to really tease me!!! ;) Wow that sure looks like a neat unit.

Many $$'s ?

Trev
Actually they are a great deal at Zoro Tools... they currently have a 25% off coupon for orders over $300 code= DAYOFF good to 9/3. I bought the clamp to get over the $300...
http://www.zoro.com/g/Workbenches/00096843/None
Glen