What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Vernon
    Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:34 pm

Here is my Homemade Belt Sander There is a link below to show all the photos of work that has been done to data. Vernon :)

http://s795.photobucket.com/albums/yy23 ... %20Sander/

Last edited by Vernon on Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Weldingn00bie
    Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:10 pm

That's really quite impressive, Vernon! I'm new to the whole welding things and here I see that you have a home made belt sander. Now, that's just not fair. ;)

What other projects have you worked on in the past few months? Are the pictures in your photo bucket account all from this past year? If that's the case, then kudos to you. I can't wait to see more! :)
Irene the Welding n00b
Someone fetch me a Tube Notcher! I'm ready to GO!
Vernon

Weldingn00bie wrote:That's really quite impressive, Vernon! I'm new to the whole welding things and here I see that you have a home made belt sander. Now, that's just not fair. ;)

What other projects have you worked on in the past few months? Are the pictures in your photo bucket account all from this past year? If that's the case, then kudos to you. I can't wait to see more! :)
Hi,
Thank you, I have built many things in my life not so much lately. Just the Homemade Belt Sander. I have other project to do just need more time. I'm going to college and not much free time. Will post some other things later Thank you Vernon
Vernon

Here is a guard I built for the side of the base Will build 3 more to total 4 guards
DSC01357[1].jpg
DSC01357[1].jpg (167.43 KiB) Viewed 6919 times
Vernon

Building a sheet metal guard for the 6x48 belt Will need to fit it to the machine and weld it to the end plate.
DSC01454[1].jpg
DSC01454[1].jpg (237.47 KiB) Viewed 6919 times
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Vernon very impressive keep up the good work.

regards: Mike
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
karlevo8
    Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:28 pm

nice bit of fab work very clean
Sarge

Are you gonna build a guard to cover the slotted hole that the idler arm travels up and down to keep the complete morons safe? You could use the bolts so it would travel with the arm. As nice a job as you have done, OSHA would still pick on that because they can....lol. Looks great, I wish I had one like it!
Be Innovative.
Goal is perfection, but excellence is Acceptable.
Powermig 255C
Powermig 350MP x2
175 squarewave
Weld-pac 100
Hypertherm 600
Hypertherm 1250
Sarge

Is that Binford blue? LOL... Grunt Grunt!!
Be Innovative.
Goal is perfection, but excellence is Acceptable.
Powermig 255C
Powermig 350MP x2
175 squarewave
Weld-pac 100
Hypertherm 600
Hypertherm 1250
Vernon

Mike wrote:Vernon very impressive keep up the good work.

regards: Mike
Thank you I will post more when I get more done. Vernon
Vernon

karlevo8 wrote:nice bit of fab work very clean

Thank you I cant think how much sanding Disk where used on this project But it was alot Vernon
Vernon

Sarge wrote:Are you gonna build a guard to cover the slotted hole that the idler arm travels up and down to keep the complete morons safe? You could use the bolts so it would travel with the arm. As nice a job as you have done, OSHA would still pick on that because they can....lol. Looks great, I wish I had one like it!
The answer is yes I will build a small guard over the nut and arm That is welded to the end plate. Vernon
TheExpert

A belt sander is a machine used to sand down wood and other materials for finishing purposes. It consists of an electrical motor that turns a pair of drums on which a seamless loop of sandpaper is mounted. Belt sanders have become widely used over the last number of years as the selling price has decreased. A belt sander is one of those must have tools for wood workers, do it yourselfers and skilled professionals.
ebranden
    Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:19 pm

Man, that is a super fab job, Please send me your how to plans, if you made a list up, and a list of what you used and where to get it! Once again super job!...............................Brandy :)
ebranden
    Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:19 pm

Excused the STUPIDITY, as I saw the 6 pages of pictures after sending you the KUDOS note.................Brandy :?
mike81
    Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:15 am

I saw each picture with deep eye and i am trying to make this home after watching you but you are great i am still confuse to manage the parts in right direction and i keep all your pictures in front of my eyes and try to copy you all but still some parts are stuck and not working well.
CraigLam
    Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:52 pm

As a woodworker for over 40 years, that's better than any sander that I've owned. A belt sander like that will probably last forever. Getting the right distance so the belt is tight, but, not too tight is an art in itself. Nice job.
    Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:23 am

Superb work mate :)
-Markus-