What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
delraydella
    Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

This was something I made for a friend, it's her birthday and she loves owls. Since I can't draw, I stole the idea from the internet, but I made enough few changes to make it my own creation. ;)

I started with a google image search for garden owl art and found one that I liked. I printed that out and blew it up in a copy machine to the size that I thought it should be. Once that was done, I made a copy for every part that had to be made. There were 5 separate pieces altogether...the face,2 for the body,the head, two feet, and the beak. I cut out each separate piece that I needed from the paper copies and glued them to a piece of 1/4 inch Masonite. Then I cut out the profiles of the pieces on the band saw. This gave me templates to plasma cut the sheet steel with. Once those were cut, I ground all the edges smooth. I wanted to do something different with the body, so I took a grinder and rammed it into the body at random places. It made it look like feathers, the effect I wanted. To make the head curved like it is, I put the flat head piece in a vise against a piece of 2" pipe and rolled it around the pipe. The eyes are 1/2" fender washers...

Other Steve
Attachments
099.jpg
099.jpg (75.84 KiB) Viewed 1415 times
093.jpg
093.jpg (77.19 KiB) Viewed 1415 times
095.jpg
095.jpg (53.53 KiB) Viewed 1415 times
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Well, owl be damned, that's cool! ;)

Steve S
Dragster Guy
    Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:19 am

very nice
Performance Metal Works
Pasadena MD
TamJeff
    Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:46 am

Nice.
Miller ABP 330, Syncrowave 250, Dynasty 300 DX.
Honorary member of the Fraternity of Faded Tee Shirts.
    Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:55 am

Hey that's a nice looking owl, I bet your friend will be so happy of your creation ! ;)
    Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:47 am

I like it, too.

Now, there is a softer side to a lot of welders, have you noticed? They're not all amps and sparks.

Good one.