What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
wanaweld
    Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:02 am

Being new to tig I fuse welded an end cap to some 4inch gal pipe for a garden thingy I'm putting together for a paying customer,which is nice ,really needed to use filler rod but was happy with the result anyways,pipe is 4.5mm thick and some sheet of steel 2mm as the cap,been self learning tig for about 6 weeks now and am thoroughly enjoying it.When it's finished I'II paint it up and post it.

noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

That's a respectable looking bead by any ones standard - for a newbie I'd say excellent - the slight under fill likely won't matter for the application - it's not like it's going in a nuclear plant or on the shuttle ! - keep up the practice - Tig obviously suits you.
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Just a little side note. After welding galvanized metal, drink a couple glsses of milk as it helps absorb the zinc from your blood stream that you not doubt injested while welding. If you weld enough of it you'll never need a flu shot. :)

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

I agree, very nice tig welds. I see a distinct ripple pattern and this tells me you have been practicing and have a eye for detail. Get us more pics when you have time.
-Jonathan
wanaweld

Thanks for the comments,Len-good tip with the milk,not a huge fan of milk tho but will take the advise.
I had a think about it and reckon if I run the sheet a bit closer to the edge it'll bead up better.

Also I have done some oxy black wire and bronzing with beads some 30 odd years ago which helps hugely in my opinion.
It also helps when you wack the specticles on too, (in denial) :geek:

Cheers
wanaweld

Just the other end,making the changes didn't do a lot,gas is at 10 Im\20cfh is at 70 amps,is that ok.
Cheers

wanaweld

A few more steps to it.

and the end result before painting.stands 2'4"

will post the painted finish when I get another moment
Cheers