What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
sling-it
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:10 am

I'm new to the forum, so I thought I might post up a rather complicated project I did right before winter.

I've got an 18' flat bed trailer, but all my chains, binders, straps and misc have been setting in the back of my truck for years. Every box I've seen is either far too big to fit like mine, or would have to take up bed space, so I set in on building my own.

Off to the scrap yard, and I picked up a couple pieces of sheet, got some 1" strap, and started in. This is what I ended up with.

Inside, welded front to back near the top, is a 3/8" rod to hang chain hooks from so I can grab chain without having to wade through a pile of chain. On the right is a tray at the level of the trailer frame to put motorcycle straps. Mounted at the back is the battery for the trailer brakes, which is sealed and drained through the bottom (mounting bolts lock the box to the trailer). The bottom of the box is protected with spray on bed liner. The latch is a DZ that I mounted 1" off center for better access. The lid is sealed with adhesive window gasket. The box extends about 2" deeper than the frame rails and gives plenty of room for all my stuff.

Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Very Nice.
I'm gonna have to get me one on my trailer, they're really handy.

~John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Sling-it,
Looks very well executed. Looks to me like you have a future in fabrication!
sling-it
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:10 am

worst thing was there's one bend in the entire project, and that's inside on the thin shelf. Sure wish I could have bent some of those corners, would have made the project so much easier LOL
Bulldog2010
    Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:58 pm

Looks good. Good job with the fab work
    Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:27 am

'@OP, would you be able to reupload your original picture of your truck storage solution? Looks like the original link for it is broken. I would really love some tips on how to get things organized on my UT so some pictures for inspiration would be really helpful!