What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
    Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:18 pm

hey everyone so the other day my boss told me to make a milk cart for when were milking cows and i was wondering if anyone had some good plans for a milk cart
    Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:47 am

Do you know exactly what your boss means? If so, draw if for him (rough sketch, 3D, as many extra drawings as necessary to show specific features, etc).

If not, draw it any way. In both cases show him the drawings, talk it over with him, "Does it do the job?", size of steel, cost of steel, etc.

In one of my building books a wise guy wrote, "if you can't draw it, you can't build it". Now, this is not exactly true, but it has a lot of merit. Saves money and time, too.

You will not find the "just right plans" for just about anything, once you get started. Time is now to learn to make your own plans. It is part of the gig.

What you need to add to the mix is "experience". At first, when you have your planned milk cart (or other projects) pretty well firmed up, post the details here, and ask for comments. You will be amazed how some of the heavy duty welders will spot the little things (or big things) that will make life easier, if you know about them before you buy steel, etc. In time, you will know what works.

Good luck.
Last edited by AnvilJack on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

I have two of these carts. The large wheels make moving heavy loads effortless.
http://www.cartsvermont.com/Large-Garden-Cart.html
Attachments
Cart.jpg
Cart.jpg (35.53 KiB) Viewed 1016 times
jwmacawful
    Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm

the james f. lincoln arc welding foundation has a book called farm arc welding with a whole chapter on equipment for the milking shed showing detailed plans for several different carts. included are pictures. plans and bills of materials.