What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
jwmacawful
    Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm

a couple months ago a full roll off container got away from the truck as it was being hoisted and mangled the existing compactor stop which consisted of a 4 1/2 inch by 6 inch angle iron 92 inch long. i salvaged 2 pieces of this angle and cut them 9 inches long and welded a 4 inch long piece of 4" H beam as shown with 7018 then welded both to the steel plates that form the pad.
Attachments
PA070125.JPG
PA070125.JPG (23.15 KiB) Viewed 852 times
Follow da blue light
    Sat May 11, 2013 3:44 am

Was it a bulk bin that sits in front of the compactor that got away?
A cuppla jobs ago I used to work for a waste disposal company and all the bulk bins were let down onto rails that were dyna bolted to the concrete, no chance of them getting away as there was a HUGE stop welded to the end on the rail.
jwmacawful
    Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm

Follow da blue light wrote:Was it a bulk bin that sits in front of the compactor that got away?
A cuppla jobs ago I used to work for a waste disposal company and all the bulk bins were let down onto rails that were dyna bolted to the concrete, no chance of them getting away as there was a HUGE stop welded to the end on the rail.
the container and compactor are one unit and it destroyed the stop when it got loose as it was being hauled onto the truck. i'm guessing this is a pretty common situation.