What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
    Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:58 pm

I have a tiny garage and 4'x6' table with a 3' extension. Grinders, drills, shields, etc all pile up in a hurry and it's a mess. I decided to make an overhead storage rack, kinda like some kitchens have to hang post and pans. I've since added another piece across the front side so I have a total of 3 sides from which I can hang stuff. It's simply bolted angle with some bent rod welded on. It's pretty handy and I'd do this again, even with a bigger garage since it gets things out of the way, but leaves them within reach at the same time.

In addition to that I have an extension on the table that may be of interest to some. You can move it in and out with a finger and it stays fairly level. I built trucks out of skateboard wheels and flat bar. 3 sets of trucks are needed for each side: top, bottom, and side. In the pictures you will only see the top and bottom ones. The legs on the table look mangled because I decided to add casters to my table and that required cutting the legs off one at a time and then shortening them to account for the 5" caster height. The table would have been too high had I not shortened the legs. I opted to use flat bar splice plates rather than groove weld the legs back together.
Attachments
thumbnail (9).jpg
thumbnail (9).jpg (84.4 KiB) Viewed 892 times
thumbnail (7).jpg
thumbnail (7).jpg (95.45 KiB) Viewed 892 times
thumbnail (6).jpg
thumbnail (6).jpg (45.03 KiB) Viewed 892 times
thumbnail (5).jpg
thumbnail (5).jpg (87.32 KiB) Viewed 892 times
thumbnail (4).jpg
thumbnail (4).jpg (62.3 KiB) Viewed 892 times
trucks.jpg
trucks.jpg (97.08 KiB) Viewed 892 times
trainingGrounds
    Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:45 pm

Nice. Yeah it's pretty tough to fit a whole shop into your garage.