mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
XJjeep
    Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:51 am

Hey everyone Ive been welding now for about two years using multiple processes at work and at school. I am currently on .035 Mig horizontal plate test on 3/8 plate 35 degree bevel. We are only allowed a max on 19.5 volts. I have done two tests which have failed (only plates I have ever failed in any process) I have been running max voltage with a whip manipulation and Iam consistently getting LACK OF FUSION :evil: :evil: . My Tie ins seem fine but I font know what to do now im crunched for time to finish and pass these tests. I am considering dropping voltage and WFS and change manipulation. Any and all suggestions please this is a different animal from what iam used to and my instructors are not really helping a lot.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Slow down and shorten up your whip distance. I used to use a real small circular rotation when I did a lot of production mig.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Make sure that the arc hits the fresh metal when you manipulate. It's easy to lose track and concentrate to much on the action and don't realise that you a arcing on top of the molten pool.

Sent from my ZTE T83 using Tapatalk
kripl88
    Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:45 pm

Tight circles and make sure to clean between passes, A LOT. Mig wont penetrate without it being clean metal, and my preference is the hotter the better