mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
cosmopedro
    Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:17 pm

Hello, All! I know I should be using the search function, but I'm at my desk at work and the internet is an issue here anyway...

I'm trying to get the above-mentioned Clarke MIG 100E working, having gotten it for $40 a few weeks ago, and have troubleshot to the point where I know I have a gas-line leak between welder case and gun. I bought new gas line, disassembled the case and torch to the point of having access to both ends, and cannot pull the tubing through the outer sleeve...

Where I am now: case cleaned (crap vacuumed out, wiped down with SimpleGreen, guide roller and wire feed assembly clean), new tips/diffuser/shield, but as stated when I went to pull the argon feed tube out of the outer sleeve it only pulls about 1/2-1" before 'hanging up'. Same with liner. In fact, when I grab the whole works (welding cable, controls wiring, liner and gas line) as a group and pull it only moves about the same distance... pretty much the same regardless of whether I'm pulling from handle end or case end.

any suggestions? I really don't want to buy another hose/nozzle assembly, just not sure what - if anything - I could damage if I apply a little more elbow grease to the innards of that outer sleeve.

HELP?!?
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm