mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
Icr242005
    Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:40 am

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (75.69 KiB) Viewed 679 times
This is on 3/16 steel with a Lincoln 140, 75/25 with .025 wire. Just practicing. Help with what is right and wrong and why, if you have time. My machine goes from A-D for amp and wire feed was adjusted between settings. My opinion is C. B looks like not enough heat, D looks like to much heat and could not control bead. My concern is and I don't know cause I haven't welded before is that the beads look to tall. They all are about .075 thousands tall. Is that about right? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I do have straight CO2 if that's what I need to be doing.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (55.77 KiB) Viewed 679 times
billdacat
    Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:22 pm

"C" look the best. Did you remove the mill scale??? Make sure your work clamp is good and tight against clean shiny metal. If it isn't you will a lot of inconsistencies in establishing good quality welds.
Boomer63
    Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

You can't get away from build up on flat plate. As Billdacat suggested, remove rust and scale. Try doing some joints. Try doing a 'Z' weave. If you feel like there is too much build up, turn your wire speed down. Read the puddle, don't watch the end of the wire!
Gary