mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
bigworm40
    Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:58 pm

So for the last two years I have been using my 252 to weld dual shield fcaw with. I have used the same 75/25 mixture and the same Lincoln wire along with the same various setting depending on the weld required. Suddenly and randomly all of y settings went in the crapper and the machine started making a deep grown sound and I get heavy spatter and porosity. I have surely pushed this welder well above its limits on a daily basis, what could i have burned up inside??
Tom Osselton
    Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:33 am

A bad capacitor maybe?
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Does it sound like it is welding at full power even when it's not on full power? If yes, it's a capacitor.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Tommy2069
    Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:03 am

i have a 251 and a 252 in my shop and the 251 out welds the 252 every day.the bb's seem to stick to the nozzle on the gun no matter how much nozzle dip or anti spatter i use also i find you can never set it like you want never burns consistant. the machines been checked out and all is good. maybe it's just a 252 problem.on the other hand it does weld aluminum great infact thats pretty much all i will use it for.
Charlie337
    Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:07 pm

I'm offering my 2 cents as I own the same machine..I've noticed at least in my situation the M25 gun has been kind of picky on gun angle..I only noticed this over time..so obviously I changed the liner, contact tips ,cleaned the drive rolls ect..deburred the liner ends ect, cleaned and checked the Swan neck, checked the leads in the switch and checked the gun overall, drive roll tension ect..I've heard it groan before..my problem? Crap roll of mis wound wire If that helps..