mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
kblenker#22
    Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:23 pm

I am looking to do some FCAW using a CC machine. I have a miller dynasty 350 and am looking to get a miller suitcase 8vs which will run using CC. I would like to use Lincolns innershield NR 232 self shielded wire. My question is has anyone out there tried this? I've always ran FCAW using CV but I don't want to have to spend a few thousand on a new machine if I can use what I have? From what I understand welding on CC your voltage is then controlled by your stick out distance. If you have done this before I would love to hear what you think. Am I wasting my time should I just get another machine or does it work fine and you can't even tell the difference?
jwright650
    Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:27 pm

Do you plan on using this on AWS D1.1 work? The reason I ask is that FCAW using CC is not prequalified....just didn't want you to get out on a job and have the welding inspector give you a hard time about it and you not be aware of it.
John Wright
AWS Certified Welding Inspector
NDT Level II UT, VT, MT and PT
NACE CIP Level I Coating Inspector
    Tue May 28, 2013 11:10 am
    Figuring the picking points of jelly donuts

You are wasting your time trying to run T-8 wires on CC only machines. NR-232, NR-233, and Coreshield 8 are a nightmare on CC only machines! If you don't have to have a T-8 wire, Hobart's Fabshield 21-B is a great wire. And runs beautifully on CC only machines. Before the Northridge earthquake in California I can't tell you how many 1-inch V-butt side bend tests I passed with 21-B.

Here are a couple pictures of a 21-B weld I made with my LN-25, and 1966 SA-200 CC only machine.
kblenker#22
    Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:23 pm

Thanks! that's what I needed to know.
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Lincoln's nr211 and 212 will run well on a cc powersource as well.
211 for mild steel, and 212 for low alloy steel, if I remember right.
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024

Guess I don't have any pictures of NR-232 run on CC. But here is some Coreshield 8, and NR-233 run on CC. This is about as good as I can do. :oops:
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Shield Arc,
I like the way you vented your welds to release oxide entrapment. I have hard time getting my vent holes to be that consistant. :lol: ;)
-Jonathan

Jonathan it takes real skills to get the vent holes so consistent. The first two weeks of welding I had a lot of trouble doing it :oops: . But now that I'm in my 3rd week, things are starting to get easier! ;)
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Shield Arc,
I just hit my 4th week and am still having trouble. I will have to work a little harder at it I guess. ;)
-Jonathan

Superiorwelding wrote:Shield Arc,
I just hit my 4th week and am still having trouble. I will have to work a little harder at it I guess. ;)
-Jonathan
What's that old saying? Oh yeah, first liar doesn't have a chance! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jwright650
    Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:27 pm

Shield Arc wrote:Jonathan it takes real skills to get the vent holes so consistent.
LOL.... :mrgreen:
John Wright
AWS Certified Welding Inspector
NDT Level II UT, VT, MT and PT
NACE CIP Level I Coating Inspector
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

You two are trolls lol
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-