mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
Greg From K/W
    Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:55 pm

Just wondering if anyone knows of a chart for the settings needed for various thickness of metal for a lincoln mig 180 welder? We are having a few little problems dialing in the machine. I have no problem with thicker metals but sheet metal and thinner metal just can't seem to get it dialed in for that stuff.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

Welcome back. Here is a video i found. not sure if its any good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1WiCPBr2w4

Mick
Greg From K/W
    Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:55 pm

Yes it does. Thank you. Been a while see a few changes. Good changes. Forum looks a lot nicer. I have still been eagerly waiting for Jody's vids and bought his 2012 set. Lots of good stuff there.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Pleasure .
MojaveCliff
    Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:55 pm

Hobart Instituet sells books, charts, calculators. Don't own a Hobart but I've bought them and I like what I bought.
dhazelton
    Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:30 pm

Isn't the chart right on the inside of the door? It is on my Weldpak, and believe it has to be on yours as well. And telling you my settings would be worthless as I think it's only about a 100 amp machine.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

The Miller MIGs we have at work have charts. The Lincoln MIGs do not. I suppose the thinking is, if you don't know, why'd you buy a Lincoln? :lol: I don't really know what the reasoning is.

I do know that once you've MIGged for several years, you don't need a chart, but it's sure handy at the beginning.

Steve S