mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
AGCB
    Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:34 am

Found this on EBAY

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MIG-250-Welder ... rk:32:pf:0

Was wondering if anyone has one or has good info about it. Especially compared to Eastwood MIG250. $350 less!
I'm not interested in a R/B machine so save those comments for others please.

Will probably only use a MIG less than 10 hours per year.

Thanks
Aaron
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi there, I have no information on this particular machine. However buying machines like this sight unseen can be hazardous. They may be great, but the they may be terrible, and if it's terrible you will most likely have to replace the machine. If no warranty, bye bye money. My advice is to use that 530 odd bucks on part of the payment (almost all of a basic entry level welder) of a brand with people in the country, Eastwood, longevity, everlast. Tweco have good machines, maybe even a used good one like a Lincoln, miller, esab etc. Entry level of a good brand won't be 250 amps, but it will be better than this.

Best, Mick
homeboy
    Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:52 pm

As Mike said you're probably taking your chances. Who knows? I have an Eastwood Mig 250 that so far has worked perfectly. They don't have a dealer network but the warranty is reported to be quite good. Is a 110/220 capability needed? The SRW is 220 only. Most welders don't have the capability of " mechanical and locksmithing" as far as I know. :?: :shock: