Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Tataw Obi
    Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:47 pm

Hello,I train myself on mig welding based on the videos I watch from miller mig and tig welding techniques. I modified a 7 ton folk to be used on a 4ton forklift. The settings are not the same so I had to reduce the height so it fits on the 4 tons frontal. Now I cut and mig welded it. It was taken to a radiography which results said the welded joint was not homogeneous. Of course I pre heat and post heat the two pieces,my machine is a Lincoln POWERTEC 350C PRO.
ex framie
    Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:09 am

Tatwa Obi,
Welcome to the forum.
I believe we are having a language issue.
You have described what you have done and the machine you used and the unsatisfactory results.
What exactly are you asking the forum?
Can you post photos?
I'm not sure what the liability laws are in Cameroon, most western countries the fix for your issue is buy a new fork, because if it should break where its been welded the person who welded it would be held responsible for damages or injuries.
MIG is probably not the best process for this job, the experts who weld for a living will hopefully chime in soon with some solid advice.
Cheers
Pete

God gave man 2 heads and only enough blood to run 1 at a time. Who said God didn't have a sense of humour.....