Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
sschefer
    Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:44 pm

I know some of you are contemplating getting and Everlast Welder. The distributor is only a short distance from me and yesterday I ordered the 60 plasma cutter. It will arrive today! I'm writing a short review of the 60 over in the "General" forum if anybody want's to know how the deal went. So far it's been an excellent experience with some good solid advice given by their sales staff.
Highly skilled at turning expensive pieces of metal into useless but recyclable crap..
WILD BILL
    Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:03 pm

Good to hear.

I'm waiting on my 225LX to come in. Waiting on the 2011 models to come in so I probably wont see it for a couple weeks. I'm anxious to start learning. :mrgreen:

The more good reports I hear the happier I am with my decision.
Everlast 225LX
sschefer

WILD BILL wrote:Good to hear.

I'm waiting on my 225LX to come in. Waiting on the 2011 models to come in so I probably wont see it for a couple weeks. I'm anxious to start learning. :mrgreen:

The more good reports I hear the happier I am with my decision.

The 2011's are on their way over from China. Alex told me two weeks then offered me the 60 cutter for nearly the same price as the 50. I'm glad it worked out that way the 60 has everything I need. Is your distributor on the East Coast or is it the West Coast in South San Francisco? Just curious because I called the number that they gave me in the email which was the San Francisco distributor and I was thinking that was because they had my zip code.

By the way, I got the welder yesterday and finished review.
Highly skilled at turning expensive pieces of metal into useless but recyclable crap..
mrprism
    Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:03 pm

I just purchased one of the last 2010 Power Pro 256 Everlast TIG welders. I was told they are taking orders for the 2011 machines in about two weeks. I am excited! :) It seems these have a pretty good satisfaction rating, the support seems to be good, and you can't beat the cost! I was looking for a used Miller Syncrowave 250 for a while, but the ones I found were either too much money with not enough options, the sellers were not willing to ship it, or the shipping made it cost prohibitive. For what it would cost for the unit and shipping, I was able to go new with Everlast. I'm glad to see there are a few Everlast reviewers on here that are reporting quality welds. Some with many many years of welding experience are saying the arc and weld quality are comparable to the blue and red machines! Once I get the machine and its up and running, I will post my experience with it and my honest opinion. I have plenty of MIG experience but no TIG so it will take some time to get myself acclimated to the process. I'm confident it won't take too long however. I would have loved to buy a US made product but I just couldn't afford it. Hopefully my choice won't bite me in the ass in the long run. Are all the parts in a Miller or Lincoln welder made here anyway?? 8-)

Alan
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Are all the parts in a Miller or Lincoln welder made here anyway??
Well, they USED to be.....
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
sschefer

Are all the parts in a Miller or Lincoln welder made here anyway??

Well, I came to my own conclusion on this by talking to the Guy's at AirGas and calling a friend who is a WMH tool rep. I'll keep my conclusions private because I haven't seen it myself. I'm that kind of person. I bought an Everlast product with about 50/50 confidence/doubt level. I took a risk against my own judgment and I came out just fine this time.

The components and how they are used in the equipment is in some cases altered through engineering. The more engineering, the higher the cost. What needs to be recognized is that in an all China plant, patents don't apply. While they are trying to enforce patent rights on products manufactured in China and sold in the U.S., we owe China too much money to do much more than complain. Without a lot of engineering expense the prices drop dramatically.

The golden triangle is Japan, Taiwan (China) and mainland China. The quality control of the final product is in that order because of manufacturing experience that naturally evolves over time.
kevn
    Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:21 pm

I love my 256. I use it in my back yard to cut and weld and its nice to have a single machine that does both. Its worth the price as far as I'm concerned. If it last only 3 years Ill be happy with that because it will have easily paid for itself by then.