Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
xlathex
    Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:29 am

Does anyone quick disconnects for your argon lines? which ones?

This is what I mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF8ehISyD2k

Thanks
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Just regular air fittings will work.
Get barb fittings with a 1/4" npt thread, and put them together.

Argon is WAY less pressure then air.
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

HTP sells some that are just like air fittings except they are smaller. Nice and compact. Work for water cooled fittings as well.

dirtmidget33
    Tue May 13, 2014 5:22 pm

Those quick disconnects Oscar posted are GREAT. I installed them on all my torches, they are very reasonably priced easy to install and do not leak. It was because of Oscar posting a pic of his on an earlier thread that I bought some. They solved a concern I had about missing up threads in the future changing torches.
why use standard nozzles after gas lens where invented. Kinda of like starting fires by rubbing sticks together.
kblenker#22
    Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:23 pm

I use the one tec welding makes because they have fittings that go direct to gas fittings no adapters required. For my water cooler I use hydraulic fittings so I don't have to purge the water out when I change torches it takes me about a minute to change torches with no wrenches.