Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
RichardH
    Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:45 pm

I thought I'd share a find, since this came up in another thread. That jumbo Pyrex gas lens setup you see Jody using normally sells as a kit for $75+ in one size and $188+ for the full range.

But http://mwsco.com sells the same kit for $55.26 - or, get the whole range of sizes for $100.74. I just did this, and the order was actually fulfilled directly from CK.

Buy the kit you want ($55.26):
D4GS040LD 4 Series Large Gas Saver. for .040" w/Glass Cup
D4GS116LD 4 Series Large Gas Saver. for 1/16" w/Glass Cup
D4GS332LD 4 Series Large Gas Saver. for 3/32" w/Glass Cup
D4GS418LD 4 Series Large Gas Saver. for 1/8" w/Glass Cup

Then add other collet sizes ($2.51):
4C040GS Collet for .040" Gas Saver
4C116GS Collet for 1/16" Gas Saver
4C332GS Collet for 3/32" Gas Saver
4C418GS Collet for 1/8" Gas Saver

And other tungsten adapters / screen sizes ($12.65):
TAS040GSLD Tungsten Adapter w/Screens for .040", Large Dia.
TAS116GSLD Tungsten Adapter w/Screens for 1/16", Large Dia.
TAS332GSLD Tungsten Adapter w/Screens for 3/32", Large Dia.
TAS418GSLD Tungsten Adapter w/Screens for 1/8", Large Dia.

FYI, P/N in the first 2 sections are specific to 17/18/26 torches. For 9/20 torches, replace "D4" in the kit part number with "D2", and replace "4C" with "2C" for the collets.

FWIW,
Richard

(No affiliation with the site, just a very happy consumer. FYI, it's run by the same guys that own WeldFabulous.com)
Grinding discs... still my #1 consumable!
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Richard
Thanks for the info, will check them out.
-Jonathan
RichardH

Similarly, the small Pyrex cup is available in a kit that includes 1/16, 3/32, and 1/8, plus extra tail caps and 3 alumina cups. You need only add the 0.040" to complete the set.

$51.91 AK-3GS Accessory Kit, 3 Series Gas Saver (1/16, 3/32, 1/8)
$3.20 TAS040GS Tungsten Adapter w/Screens for .040"
$1.57 3C040GS Collet Wedge for .040", 3 Series Gas Saver

Or, for a cheaper option you can get a kit with just the #8 Pyrex cup (no tungstens, tail caps, or alumina cups). You can build a Pyrex kit this way with all the sizes for $40.63.

Pick a base kit ($26.32):
D3GS040-P Gas Saver Kit for .040" w/Pyrex Cup
D3GS116-P Gas Saver Kit for 1/16" w/Pyrex Cup
D3GS332-P Gas Saver Kit for 3/32" w/Pyrex Cup
D3GS418-P Gas Saver Kit for 1/8" w/Pyrex Cup

Then add the extra collet sizes you need ($1.57):
3C040GS Collet Wedge for .040" 3 Series Gas Saver
3C116GS Collet Wedge for 1/16" 3 Series Gas Saver
3C332GS Collet Wedge for 3/32" 3 Series Gas Saver
3C418GS Collet Wedge for 1/8" 3 Series Gas Saver

And the tungsten adapters / screens in other sizes ($3.20):
TAS040GS Tungsten Adapter w/Screens for .040"
TAS116GS Tungsten Adapter w/Screens for 1/16"
TAS332GS Tungsten Adapter w/Screens for 3/32"
TAS418GS Tungsten Adapter w/Screens for 1/8"

As before, the P/N in the first 2 sections are for 17/18/26 torches. For 9/20 torches, change "D3" to "D2" and "3C" to 2C" in the part numbers; the multi-size kit for 9/20 is AK-4GS, and includes 0.040" instead of 1/8".

Cheers,
Richard
    Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:46 pm

Tagged for my archives and +1 for a friendly thread bump. GREAT find brother, thank you.
Distant planet of the Miller Galaxy.
The Blues Brothers:
Dynasty 300DX
Spectrum 375
Millermatic 180
Once you've had steak it's hard to go back to hotdogs. You can live off it but it takes like shit.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Damn you for finding this deal! Now I HAVE TO buy it! :x lol
RichardH

Oscar wrote:Damn you for finding this deal! Now I HAVE TO buy it! :x lol
LOL! No excuses now, eh?

Once I bought my small kit, I realized how cheap the collet body was and ordered another (and a heat shield) to leave on both my 17 and 26 torches so I could share the one kit between them.

Incidentally, those spares are:
3HSGS Heatshield ($4.40)
3CBGS Collet Body Gas Saver, 3 Series One Size Fits All ($3.85)

Cheers,
Richard
    Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:46 pm

Threads like this are going to cost me a fortune. :roll:

Ahh heck with it, ordered a big pyrex setup for my WP17F in 3/32. Not like it wasn't getting ordered this year or something. :twisted:
Distant planet of the Miller Galaxy.
The Blues Brothers:
Dynasty 300DX
Spectrum 375
Millermatic 180
Once you've had steak it's hard to go back to hotdogs. You can live off it but it takes like shit.

Just got a hold of Paul @ HTP. For today only he is running a special.

Jumbo Pyrex kit in only one tungsten size, 17 or 9 size for $49.95. Just goes to show ya how you should NEVER count these guys out. Always contact them to see if they can get you a better deal on welding stuff. He can also work out a deal for the non-jumbo versions for either 9 or 17 size, in either short or std cup length.

Email him at: paulp@htpweld.com for more info.

edit: I just ordered a jumbo kit for my 20 torch, and the whole kit, for all FOUR tungsten sizes 0.040"-1/8", and it came out to LESS than the $100.74. :D I don't even know why I'm buying this stuff, I'm just a math teacher, LOL.
Wes917
    Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 pm

You guys bought them quick lol, none of the 20 sets available. I just made an order for screens and collets for work.
RichardH

Oscar wrote:edit: I just ordered a jumbo kit for my 20 torch, and the whole kit, for all FOUR tungsten sizes 0.040"-1/8", and it came out to LESS than the $100.74. :D I don't even know why I'm buying this stuff, I'm just a math teacher, LOL.
Gear is addictive. Surely it makes us better welders! :D

Did you get the whole bundle at HTP? If so, they're being super aggressive compared to their normal prices. They normally sell the 1-size jumbo kit for $75.

You know... If you bought two, you'd save twice as much! (That logic works for women's shoes, so why not welding gear? :lol: )
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

RichardH wrote:
Oscar wrote:edit: I just ordered a jumbo kit for my 20 torch, and the whole kit, for all FOUR tungsten sizes 0.040"-1/8", and it came out to LESS than the $100.74. :D I don't even know why I'm buying this stuff, I'm just a math teacher, LOL.

Did you get the whole bundle at HTP? If so, they're being super aggressive compared to their normal prices. They normally sell the 1-size jumbo kit for $75.

You know... If you bought two, you'd save twice as much! (That logic works for women's shoes, so why not welding gear? :lol: )
I asked my wife why is that....she just laughed
-Jonathan

RichardH wrote:

Yup the whole bundle at HTP from Paul.

Just arrived. This is some very high quality junk, I'll tell you that right now! :lol: Almost makes it look like I know what I'm doing with all this stuff. :mrgreen:

I never thought I would buy this, since I couldn't justify the cost of the kit at regular pricing, but I would like to sincerely thank Paul P. @ HTP America, for going out of his way for a fellow Invertig221 owner. Without his customer service, I would not have lots of cool tig welding gear that I currently own. Paul, I owe you beer and smoked brisket whenever you come down to Texas. :drinkup:

Need welding gear? paulp@htpweld.com is the only email you need!