Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Duran
    Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:54 pm

I am considering one of the newer pulse type welding machines. The one I'm looking at is the Avortec AV5XCT. I am a boat builder, welding, mainly, 1/8" aluminum. But this machine is rated much higher. MY question is- does anyone have any experience with these new pulse type machines? I am talking about TIG welding and can a regular torch, like an HW-20, be connected to these machines. I'm not sure about the new technology in these new machines. Please help me if you can. I need a new machine immediately and am considering this one. It is also a plasma cutter.
Thanks,
Duran
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

1st, welcome, Duran!

2nd, I'll move this post to the TIG subforum... You'll get used to the format quickly.

Steve S
paul_s
    Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:04 pm

Welcome to the forum. Sorry that I can't help with that machine.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Duran.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

Where is WerkSpace when you need him?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Never seen that make - but a partial answer is the torch does'nt care whether you use pulse or not - so any torch you like will work - the machine connection is Dinse - so is easy to connect to - if you have torches already with 1piece threaded hose assemblies an adapter is easy & cheap to buy - if you want to go water cooled they market one & I image bought as a package will save money - but again Dinse is very easy to use with another make.

Downsides - if you intend to use the plasma much the time swapping the torches over & air / gas connection is going to get old real quick & you have the common problem of gas contamination with a multi process with only one gas solonoid valve - there is also some debate as to how long the multi process machines last - especially as someone posted on here he accidentally had one switch the wrong way & killed the machine - which bring us to warranty - the only place I can find that brand is on Ebay so check if they have a permanent address otherwise when they quit or get slung off Ebay you will have no come back - the machine maybe great - I can't say as I've not had the pleasure - but it looks like the better end of Chinese hobby machines - if your boat building is a full time business it may be better to look at a more common mainstream Tig unit from your favorite colour & get a cheap plasma cutter as a separate unit from Ebay - the plasmas just for slashing sheets of 1/8" are cheap & actually quite reliable if chosen wisely - the size of the machine makes sense as you won't be getting close to the duty cycle & plenty in reserve in case of thicker parts in the future.

Hope that helps some - I think someone has asked about this brand before a while back - maybe if they got one & are still active on here they'll post a review.
Logosweld
    Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:43 am

The Avortec units are made in China by Hanlong Company located in Wenzhou Zheijiang Province. The same company supplied Ramson with there units.
The Hanlong Factory is located very close to the Chiry Factory which is in the Leather curing district of Town.