Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
TD2593
    Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:59 pm

Ive had some issues with my 250EX and had to send it back in for repair, I was without my machine for 8 wks finally got it back on Monday the 8th of Oct. Started using the unit and 15 minutes into its use it quit only HF was there. Called tech and did some diagnostics and they came to the conclusion that the inverter was dead. Time to send the unit back !!!!
I have severe trust issues with this machine now. What are your thoughts on the 210EXT vs the 250EX pros and cons, thinking on trying to do some trading in for the 210EXT just want to make a educated decision. Thanks Russ
Twin Turbocharged 397 cid Small Block Oldsmobile
Miller Econo TIG
Millermatic 200
Everlast 250EX
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

I've been looking over the control boards on the Everlast machines. Each model has a very similar control board. The silk screening shows the component values. The boards are standard double sided, nothing fancy. It might take some time, but I intend to create a schematic diagram for these boards along with several test points for a quick evaluation of what goes wrong, when and if they fail.

I'm not affiliated with Everlast but I have a natural curiosity of what fails and why? If anyone is thinking of discarding any Everlast products, I wouldn't mind having a look at the failed machines. One of my favorite troubleshooting tools is called a 'Huntron Tracker' that allows me to see a component signature with the power disconnected from the machine. It is a very useful tool that helps me to locate the problem area much quicker. This machine allows me to find a failed component in minutes, instead of spending hours running tests.