Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
canyon289
    Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:09 pm

I'm looking to buy a new Tig and for price Everlast seems to be a good option.

However opinions look extremely mixed. Jody seems to be pleased with them but the rest of the web seems to either hate or love them. What is the general opinion here? Are they worth the trouble?
Ed from Ohiol
    Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:15 pm

I have owned my Everlast 250Ex and used it for over a year now and am very pleased. I also purchased the cooler to match this past winter and the only problem I had was to adjust the flow for the coolant. I've so far done enough side jobs with it to almost cover half of my investment. So my opinion of the machine so far is very high. I used it for steel, stainless and mostly aluminum. I was also very impressed on how smooth it stick welded. The rod holder that comes with it SUCKS and I replaced it with a Bernard holder from the weld shop. I also want to change to a smaller tig torch, the one supplied it too big for what I do. Another purchase was the Everlast PowerPlasma 50 with the blow back start with which I am really happy and impressed with. Hope this helps, Ed K.
canyon289
    Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:09 pm

This does help, I'll likely buy a 250ex in the near future so I can start practicing welding at home. Thanks for the tip!
inthefrey
    Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:08 pm

Just took delivery of PowerPro 205.
3 process

Lots of features:
http://www.everlastgenerators.com/Power ... 79-pd.html
NOte: the model I have IS NOT pictured on the website yet. Mine looks like the 256 but says 205.

I'll keep everyone posted.
jakeru
    Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:30 pm

I've had an Everlast Super200P multifunction AC/DC TIG/Plasma/Stick machine since 2007, and it's been great. Support from everlast has been great as well. As such, I highly recommend Everlast. FWIW, I'm just a customer.

Hope this helps
RedIron881
    Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:29 am

I just picked up a PowerPro 164 and with the little bit of testing I've done I'm very pleased with it. Had wanted to buy the 256 model but came across a great deal on the 164. I do plan on buying the cooler and a smaller WP20 torch and maybe the new foot pedal. Having the plasma torch option is very nice too. I'd say for the price you get more than what you pay for. Look on eBay and they have 'or Best Offer' deals with free shipping. Low ball them and you might get lucky, ha ha.
Ferrelli
    Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:54 am

I was in your shoes reading all the opinions I could fine. I decided to go for it. I have the 250EX and a plasma cutter. The quality of fittings,guages,housing and generallly overall is on the cheap side. Function is good and for the money well worth it. I agree it burns rod very well. So for the record in this tight economy I would recomend everlast units. Good Luck