Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

Anybody have experience with these for passivization? Customer today recommended it, but boy are they big $$$. About 4-6 times what I was expecting, and I was expecting a lot. :lol:

https://tigbrush.com/
Toggatug
    Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:06 pm

Pretty sure Walter has a machine that does that too. No idea how pricing compares though. Definitely neat what those machines do.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Jonathan of Superior welding has the Walter Surfox which I presume is similar, he has talked about this on the WTT podcast
Richard
Website
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

So I've been working on getting the Instagram-level colored TIG welds just to have you brush them away for fun?!?! The audacity! :lol:
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

Spartan wrote:Anybody have experience with these for passivization? Customer today recommended it, but boy are they big $$$. About 4-6 times what I was expecting, and I was expecting a lot. :lol:

https://tigbrush.com/
they are ridiculously overpriced for what they are. a case of pricing to what the market can pay than what it actually costs to make.
tweak it until it breaks
Spartan

Thanks, I'll take a look at the Walter offering as well. I've seen similar "etching" passivators, but never quite like that with a full on brush. I think the ones I've seen had cloth ribbons, or something similar.

Oscar - Yup, the colors do indeed represent an irony, and Instagram highlights that well. All show and no substance. I despise that mentality. It's all fake. It's all BS. I've found that it's not uncommon for folks on Instagram to cut deals with TIG manufacturers to credit welds they didn't even do to machines that they don't even own (nor does the person actually doing the welds for them). It's really quite sad, but also laughable at the same time. Instagram...

Sorry for the rant!
VA-Sawyer
    Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:56 am

I'm not sure if that qualifies as a true rant. Pointing out a disgusting truth is more like a public service.
No sense dying with unused welding rod, so light 'em up!
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

LtBadd wrote:Jonathan of Superior welding has the Walter Surfox which I presume is similar, he has talked about this on the WTT podcast
There is a local company that builds large industrial microwaves. They use one if these on there SS frames and bodies. Watched them use it, seems to work well, especially on there inside corners and confined spaces.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
BugHunter
    Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:54 pm

Looks like a very cool toy, but yea, you'd better do a boatload of passivation to pay for that thing.
    Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:10 pm

What is the cost? I didn't want to fill out a quote request just out of curiosity

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

JayWal wrote:What is the cost? I didn't want to fill out a quote request just out of curiosity

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
from what i can google, about $2500us for the budget model.
tweak it until it breaks
Spartan

I had seen about $4k. May have been for one of the higher-end models, though.
BugHunter
    Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:54 pm

Yea, the entry level model was $2500. But if the mood strikes you, they'll relieve you of just about as much money as you can scrape up. They've got models they're way more proud of than that starter one. :lol: