Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Dmaxman2006
    Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:47 pm

Hi guys

I'm looking for opinions on which ac/dc tig machine to get. I have a budget of no more than $2500. I have thought about getting the everlast 200dv but the more I think about it the more it scares me just due to if it brakes I have to ship in out of state to get it fixed which may not seem that bad to some but i dont want to wait a month to get it back and I. the long run who knows if you will be able to fix them.

I have also looked at the Miller diversion along with a few others Miller carries.

With lincoln I have looked at the square wave tig 200 and a few other lincoln Carrie's but the tig 200 seems like the better choice at least in my price range.

I have used Miller machines and have had the best luck with them and would like a xmt 350. But its alittle out of my price range. I dont plan on starting a full out fab shop just looking for something for projects around the house and to build up on my tig skills.
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Grab a used Dynasty 200. Right in the price range. Or, choose the SquareWave 200 from Lincoln, it would serve you well.

I don't know, a Dynasty 200 should be well under 2.5K(?) and being used if needing repair at some point will be $$$ if parts are available

A new Syncrowave 210 at $2600 with a $300 rebate might be worth looking at. Have to buy from an authorized dealer for the rebate.

Then there are the AHP and Primeweld TIG units...
Richard
Website
    Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:58 pm

I have the Everlast 256SI. It runs $2,500 (incl the cooler). It's a multi-process machine that does stick and plasma, which is an unusual combination. Some people are opposed to multiprocess machines. I've ran the tig and plasma so far and both operated great. Having said that, I am simply a hobby welder and I have limited experience with tig.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am