Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Solidcore
    Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:38 pm

What are the options of a smaller torch that's water cooled that is compatible with the Lincoln. Been doing a lot of aluminum lately and it's getting a bit too hot.
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

Solidcore wrote:What are the options of a smaller torch that's water cooled that is compatible with the Lincoln. Been doing a lot of aluminum lately and it's getting a bit too hot.
The water cooled 20 torch will carry 250amps in most cases with no issues, CK has a heavier version that will go 350amps I believe still in thier lineup.

I prefer the CK torches, better cooling configuration.
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB

Rick_H wrote: The water cooled 20 torch will carry 250amps in most cases with no issues, CK has a heavier version that will go 350amps I believe still in thier lineup.

I prefer the CK torches, better cooling configuration.
I vote for the CK line also, the Miller (Weldcraft WP-20) torch has 250 amps 100% duty cycle on DC but only 180 amps on AC, the CK is 100% AC and DC at 250 amps.
Richard
Website
Solidcore

Thanks for the responses. I'm also would like to know what style fitting that will plug into the machine. I know about the torch sizes. Just don't know what type of torch or model will plug into my welder.
hey_allen
    Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:09 pm

I have a set with the SuperFlex hoses, but didn't remember the fitting size.

Looking at the website, they have 7/8-14 LH thread on the power cable, and 5/8-18 LH on gas and water supply hoses.
http://www.ckworldwide.com/ck20_ck24w_ck25.html

They also offer adapters that separate the power and water return, while connecting the power to a 1/2" DINSE plug, as I needed for my machine. Also another option to pass the gas through the same plug.
http://www.ckworldwide.com/dinse-water-cooled.html

Edit: the DINSE connection doesn't apply for the welder in question here.
Last edited by hey_allen on Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Josh
Greasy fingered tinkerer.
Cbking
    Sun May 03, 2015 2:57 pm

You need the twist mate connection for thru gas dinse plug google k1622-4. The one from USAweld is quite nice and then you will also want an 20 series torch of your choosing. You will have to cut the connection off the gas hose and install it on your dinse plug. Other wise usaweld as ready to run 20 series torches with the adapter already installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

hey_allen wrote:I have a set with the SuperFlex hoses, but didn't remember the fitting size.

Looking at the website, they have 7/8-14 LH thread on the power cable, and 5/8-18 LH on gas and water supply hoses.
http://www.ckworldwide.com/ck20_ck24w_ck25.html

They also offer adapters that separate the power and water return, while connecting the power to a 1/2" DINSE plug, as I needed for my machine. Also another option to pass the gas through the same plug.
http://www.ckworldwide.com/dinse-water-cooled.html

Edit: the DINSE connection doesn't apply for the welder in question here.
The gas line should be 5/8 - 18 RH...

Keeps you from mixing it up with the water supply (5/8 - 18 LH)

Steve S
jauguston
    Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:28 pm

A little bit off the subject but I converted my Miller Diversion 180 to a 25' water cooled flex head WP 20 torch and am using a E-Bay Procon carbonator tank and pump. Not really too hard to setup the Procon. Its very quiet running at 50 psi. Converting the welder was not too difficult.

I'm the kind of guy that can't leave anything as built :D

Jim
Solidcore

jauguston wrote:A little bit off the subject but I converted my Miller Diversion 180 to a 25' water cooled flex head WP 20 torch and am using a E-Bay Procon carbonator tank and pump. Not really too hard to setup the Procon. Its very quiet running at 50 psi. Converting the welder was not too difficult.

I'm the kind of guy that can't leave anything as built :D

Jim
Thanks for the info. I'm the same way with leaving things alone.