Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Jetman
    Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:22 pm

Hello. First I am real new to tig. Bought a Everlast 200dx about 9 months ago to work with aluminum
Not sure I will ever get the hang of it. Anyway hired a guy to do some welding for me he used my welder and had all kind of issues. Mainly the foot petal was bad. Would start but when you put the Petal down all the way it would only be about half the amps. Then let it back about half and would jump up to full but not really let you get adjustment
Bought a net foot petal and I tried it today and it works ok but won't shut off
For a long time if at all. Unless you lift. Any ideas? Up and down slop seem to be set to zero. Thanks
Jetman

Oh well found it. The knob on the down slope
Has slipped on the shaft. So reading wrong.
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Jetman wrote:Oh well found it. The knob on the down slope
Has slipped on the shaft. So reading wrong.
Well, that solves one problem.

Have heard good things about the machine but bad things about the standard pedal. Persevere! Aluminium is its own special thing and once you understand the language of the puddle and the way it behaves you'll progress quickly.

Use Jody's aluminium drill, pad lots of beads, get plenty of seat time. All the best!

Kym
Jetman

Think one of my biggest issues is not getting the metal really clean enough.
Get all kinds of contamination even in new metal.
jauguston
    Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:28 pm

Wipe the area you are going to weld with Acetone--next brush it with a stainless steel brush well then wipe again with acetone. Try that.

Jim