Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:18 pm

soutthpaw wrote:I know with zoro's 30% off specials they run, you can get a Dynasty 200dx to your doorstep under $3k. The HTP doesn't have the level of advanced features the Dynasty has and neither does the Lincoln, I used to own the V205T. Didn't like the control interface and no saved settings feature
Lincoln has a new TIG put for about $1400. Less features than the AHP but you get the Lincoln service network and name. I haven't seen one in person.
Dynasty is the standard by which all other machines are judged in North America. My undersdstanding is that Fronius and Kemppi etc have some petty amazing machines
Southpaw do you have a direct link for the 200dx sale? I got on their website this morning and was unable to find any discount on the 200dx or for sale for that matter, I did see the 210dx which also would be good but I believe it was priced around $3700, thanks for the critique on the v205, I havn't looked at Fronius or Kemmpi maybe I need to check them out as well.
I am unique like everyone else
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

thorthemighty wrote:
soutthpaw wrote:I know with zoro's 30% off specials they run, you can get a Dynasty 200dx to your doorstep under $3k. The HTP doesn't have the level of advanced features the Dynasty has and neither does the Lincoln, I used to own the V205T. Didn't like the control interface and no saved settings feature
Lincoln has a new TIG put for about $1400. Less features than the AHP but you get the Lincoln service network and name. I haven't seen one in person.
Dynasty is the standard by which all other machines are judged in North America. My undersdstanding is that Fronius and Kemppi etc have some petty amazing machines
Southpaw do you have a direct link for the 200dx sale? I got on their website this morning and was unable to find any discount on the 200dx or for sale for that matter, I did see the 210dx which also would be good but I believe it was priced around $3700, thanks for the critique on the v205, I havn't looked at Fronius or Kemmpi maybe I need to check them out as well.
You have to subscribe to their emails, it's usually a 4hr or 1 day deal. They just did it for cyber Monday. Might see one for after xmas sale
    Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:18 pm

thanks just subscribed
I am unique like everyone else
AFR_Autoworks
    Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:35 am

I found myself in the exact same position as you a few months ago. I was looking into the Everlast and HTP primarily. AC frequency was an absolute must have for me. I would have went with the HTP had I not come across a very lightly used Dynasty 200DX for $2500 CAD. At that price I had to buy it. So far I could not be happier. That being said, I have got many good reviews on the HTP. The only Lincoln TIG I have ever used was absolutely terrible, the amperage control knob would either not adjust at all or jump 20 amps at a time.
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 am

I have a friend who used to work for HTP, Just asked him and he said it needs to be shipped back to them for repair. No network of service centers for those machines
EXACTLY the same situation as AHP and Everlast. The only difference is, I have never found a single post on this board or welding web of anyone having to send their HTP TIG welder back for repairs. The same is not true for Everlast or AHP. And even if I missed one or two reports of HTP failures, they are very rare. You can certainly find a lot more reports of Everlast or AHP machines DOA or going bad after arrival.
Multimatic 255
rahtreelimbs
    Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:39 pm

HTP's customer service is as good or better than anyone else's!