Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:44 am

That's just plain sad. And ridiculous.
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Out of the 19 welding supply stores that I called (16 being well known companies), not one had ever even heard of 4943 and I live in the birth place of Aluminum, I past the sign daily. Alcoa's research center has it's own zip code here, really. I finally asked my local guy to order it for me and had it in 2 days. When I picked it up I asked if it was something that they would consider stocking and they said no because I was the first person who ever asked for it.

I've only had it long enough to run a few sticks and it seems like nice rod, but I didn't come home and ditch the 30 some odd pounds of 4043 that I have on hand and most of it was free. I wasn't putting down 4943, just stating it's small foot print in the market. I haven't even heard of it being called for in a single WPS and my company does a lot of Aluminum welding in cryogenic applications.

It's just one more option to choose from and I for one probably will go to the other side before 4043 is obsolete.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len