Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

Chips O'Toole wrote:
Olivero wrote:TIG is also only the process you can fuse with for food type stuff.

Can't do that with a MIG or stick, I happen to be in the food industry as well so the TIG comes in handy there as well.
Wait. I can't weld a valve on a beer brewing kettle with MIG?
Sure you can.

As mentioned right above me, I was talking of the fused welds without filler that are required for some things. It also allows you to do really clean, small, sometimes nearly invisible welds on a good fitup. I mainly do either stainless or aluminum, sometimes I wish I had a MIG for some bigger jobs but for most of the stainless I do, being able to fuse is fantastic, the welds can barely be seen unless you are looking for them.
if there's a welder, there's a way
Turbo
    Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:11 pm

Even though I consider myself a tig welder I think if anyone is going to only have one welder it should be mig. The reason the first welder that I bought was a tig welder is because my brother already had a mig welder and I knew I could borrow it whenever. If you sell the mig it should be to a friend or family member who is going to let you use it.

Mig +s
easier
faster
one handed
fits tighter spots (usually)
easier to weld around blind corners
Miller Dynasty 210dx

instagram: rsengineeringllc
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

As long as it's a big enough one to weld your scope of possible jobs. I have a 150 amp mig and its great for things up to 3mm. Being an old unit on a home circuit, It will not stand up to vertical up welding. Anything thicker, out comes the stick.

Mick