Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
weldit321@gmail.com
    Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:52 pm

Anyone see why I would be doing harm to either the generator or my welder by running my tig welder off of it. I didnt know if pulsing would fry the voltage regulator in the generator or if the welder evens out the power demands with capacitors etc. I have an everlast 256s that says it requires "Clean Power" but have read that this is pretty easy to get out of a generator. I have run my welder off of this generator and even pulsed it without issue I just dont want to overwork either piece of equipment. any input is appreciated. I got this generator on sale for $700 and it has a 50 amp 220 plug right on the front. and runs on either propane or gasoline which is quite convenient.

ImageImage

According to the manual for the 256Si (couldn't find just the 256s manual), the max inrush current (when it's first turned on) is 40 amps. And the max operating amps is 32. Looks like you're in good shape to run it off the genset.

Larry
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch