Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
pavetim
    Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:10 pm

Ok I have been gone 2 years and i just got my tig welder back and tried to hook up my ck torch. Now i could have sworn i used it before but now it wont lock into the slot. It looks different than the other connectors that do fit. What am i missing here?
Attachments
20161110_214716.jpg
20161110_214716.jpg (39.86 KiB) Viewed 783 times
pavetim

Nobody?
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

What welder?
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB
hey_allen
    Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:09 pm

I don't know the exact details, as asked above the welder would help, but the left lug has it's locking lug further up the side of the round stud, and the whole round portion appears to be longer than the one on the right as well.
If they line up other than the length of the "nose" beyond the side locking lug, you might be able to shorten the tip slightly, but it could be an entirely different application connector.

Is the CK one designed for water or gas through the connector, and the one on the right isn't? Maybe the other way around? If that is the case, you'll need to sort out the differences, and correct the plumbing before continuing with the CK torch set.
-Josh
Greasy fingered tinkerer.
    Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:07 pm

http://www.r-techwelding.co.uk/welding- ... d-sockets/

http://dinse-us.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... ets_US.pdf

These two links should help you identify what you're working with. You have two different Dinse connectors there and with some measuring, then comparing to either the shopping list or the PDF, you'll know what you have. I'd guess the left is a Dinse 25 and the right is a Dinse 35-50. I find the 2nd is usually called a Dinse 35 but some call it Dinse 35-50 but I believe the variable is when it's a Dinse connector that can be stripped to accommodate a larger wire. That last bit is a guess but the rest should be true.
Lincoln Electric AC225
Everlast PowerPro Multi-Process TIG/Stick/Plasma 256Si
Everlast W300 WaterCooler
Optrel e684x1
22+ Year Security Engineer developing cool shit and stoppin hackers :)
pavetim

It's an everlast tig 210ext. And torches are gas cooled and i looled at your links and you are correct this one looks like a 25 dinse. Strange could have sworn i used it, maybe i have an adapter somewhere
    Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:07 pm

Rock on! I'm loving my Everlast setup! I don't know any other equipment except the Lincoln AC 225 but that's not fair to compare anything to except how long it's lived.

Everlast sells replacement torches and they're pretty reasonable to work with. They also ship fast and it comes from California so if you're west coast it gets there event faster.
www.everlastgenerators.com
Lincoln Electric AC225
Everlast PowerPro Multi-Process TIG/Stick/Plasma 256Si
Everlast W300 WaterCooler
Optrel e684x1
22+ Year Security Engineer developing cool shit and stoppin hackers :)
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

There are lots of different sizes of dinse connectors. I have three sets of adapter on my truck to go to diferent sizes.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
weldit321@gmail.com
    Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:52 pm

I got one of the Ck adapters and the lug on the dinse connector was too far back towards the welding lead and i had to grind almost 1/8" off of the locking lug on the side before it would fit in my machines at work. (dynasty 350 and everlast 256si)