Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Rich
    Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:01 pm

As I'm new to this site and it's huge, I figured I'd just ask if there's anywhere on this site that deals with welding bronze. I'm a sculptor with a backyard foundry but I max out at 25 lbs. If I want to go bigger I have to weld different parts together and I've found out the hard way that gas welding just doesn't cut it. Anyone got any advice?
Thanks in advance,
Richard Smith
richardsmithart.com
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi there,

Try This: http://www.ehow.com/how_2164569_weld-bronze.html

hope it answers your query.
Mick
Rich
    Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:01 pm

That was precisely the information I've been looking for. It explains a lot, thanks.
Richard Smith
richardsmithart.com
nova_70_383
    Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:51 pm

i tig weld bronze where i work. we use these rods called ampco-trode. they are red in color and look like copper. i am not 100% positive, but i think harris makes them. i thought i would toss this in there if the silicon bronze rods don't match the color of your alloy you would have another option to try. i have used both AC and DC. with AC u get a nice cleaning action and DC you get best dig. hope i was some help here.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi there,

My pleasure. Although I only googled "welding bronze" and searched abit and thats what i found. Not really a tip but i reckon google is the first port of call.

Mick
harleyotto

I also tried
At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.Blancpain Watches