Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
quadrod
    Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:28 am

Is there a quick guide to the welding characteristics of different steels? Or what steels are readily weldable?
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

quadrod wrote:Is there a quick guide to the welding characteristics of different steels? Or what steels are readily weldable?
I came across this awhile back while looking something up and thought it was good enough to bookmark...should help you.

http://www.twi-global.com/technical-kno ... teels-019/
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB
    Sun May 01, 2016 7:46 am

Probably one of the best books you can have in your library is the Machinery's Handbook. Has survived for over 100 years and just gets better every addition. It should have everything you need for this.

And about any alloy can be welded (stainless steel to aluminum if you like)
AWS D1.1 / ASME IX / CWB / API / EWI / RWMA / BSEE
Scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality." Nikola Tesla
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Jody recommends the book, "Metals and How to Weld Them".
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

DLewis0289 wrote:Probably one of the best books you can have in your library is the Machinery's Handbook. Has survived for over 100 years and just gets better every addition. It should have everything you need for this.

And about any alloy can be welded (stainless steel to aluminum if you like)

Worth everypenny
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB
quadrod
    Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:28 am

I actually have the machinery hand book on my computer,, time to start studying.