Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
rahtreelimbs
    Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:39 pm

I have been going round and round on getting a new TIG machine. I think I have it settled down to the HTP Invertiig 221 or the Lincoln Precision 225. I know these two machines are apples to oranges. I am concerned mostly about parts on the HTP unit. I spoke with Jeff Nolan about the HTP 221 and he was a great guy to speak with. There is no dealer network for HTP to speak of.

In case anyone is wondering I am new to TIG welding. I currently have an Econotig. I am looking at going to school for welding and want a unit that will fill my needs. Mostly welding carbon, stainless and aluminum..........especially thin aluminum. I believe you guys will steer me toward the HTP welder...........so lets go!

Feel free to inquire if I haven't given enough info.
sschefer
    Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:44 pm

If you have the power and the money to pay for it then the 225 is a sweet machine. I had one but sold it due to power constraints in my home shop. I've had an Everlast 250EX for over a year now and it's seen some pretty heavy use so I could recommend it but I have no experience with the Invertig 221 so I can't comment on that unit specifically. Inverters are definitely the way to go for the smaller shops on a tighter budget. Sitting there watching a smart meter rack up $$$ wasn't exactly fun and the Everlast really helped out with that.
Highly skilled at turning expensive pieces of metal into useless but recyclable crap..
Airsickness
    Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:36 pm

I had an invertig from HTP. I can attest to the customer servive of jeff and his crew. Since I buy most of my consumables on line anyway the fact that they have no retail network isnt really an issue. The performance of the machine is Top Top notch.
rahtreelimbs
    Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:39 pm

Airsickness wrote:I had an invertig from HTP. I can attest to the customer servive of jeff and his crew. Since I buy most of my consumables on line anyway the fact that they have no retail network isnt really an issue. The performance of the machine is Top Top notch.

I went ahead and bought an HTP Invertig 221 !!!