Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
weldit321@gmail.com
    Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:52 pm

EDIT: Added a new quick intro that I made this evening to my previous video and reposted it with it. If yall like it, or even if you hate it, let me know. Thanks

I shot this a couple days ago at work making a dedicated fuel cell for a nitrous car. I got pretty decent fitup so no filler wire was required. I was using a CK gas saver pyrex gas lens setup (not my favorite gas lens but great for videos) and just thought I would share it here. I'll post more videos and get more in detail about the settings I used and such. I know its not perfect but if you have any pointers on my technique feel free to comment.
_-NSOnOBhck
Last edited by weldit321@gmail.com on Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

Some say you shouldnt fuse without filler on alu but I've made a few joints like this in 4 mm alu, without puls though.

I like what you just showed, please also post a pic of the finished joints.

I would guess you are about 100-120 amps on 3-4 mm thickness.
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

You could post more vid with more info for .Myself, I like to see others techniques to help improve my welding.
Thanks for the time taken to film/post. :D
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
weldit321@gmail.com

AndersK wrote:Some say you shouldnt fuse without filler on alu but I've made a few joints like this in 4 mm alu, without puls though.

I like what you just showed, please also post a pic of the finished joints.

I would guess you are about 100-120 amps on 3-4 mm thickness.
Ballpark of my settings would be: .090" (dont know the mm) Maximum amperage around 225 but was just feathering the pedal. I had the pulse at 35% Background and 35% on time at a 1.2 pulses per second pulse. I had about 200-250 hz frequency, and 70% DCEN.
weldit321@gmail.com

rick9345 wrote:You could post more vid with more info for .Myself, I like to see others techniques to help improve my welding.
Thanks for the time taken to film/post. :D
I just got my camera setup and this was my 2nd attempt. I will put some time into making some more videos at home with settings spelled out, more pictures, and some instructions.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, But aluminium is hot short, meaning weak when hot, so if it doesn't crack when its hot, It'll be right....right?
weldit321@gmail.com

weldin mike 27 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, But aluminium is hot short, meaning weak when hot, so if it doesn't crack when its hot, It'll be right....right?
Well it is extremely prone to cracking if you let it cool too rapidly. I always have to taper off my amperage and add filler metal at the end of these welds to avoid cracking. Ill have a video up soon showing all of this and explaining the different tendencies of aluminum. As for hot short I am not sure but that sounds right.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Thanks for taking the time to message mate, obviously, the old adage rings true, You can't argue with results.

Mick