Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
tigster88
    Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:53 am

Hello folks. I am on the look out for a second-hand tig machine as I am getting back into welding after quite a long time! I have a hobby that has taken me down new paths and now I am looking to do some welding. Got a budget of around £500 (maybe more) so probably a used machine. Is somewhere like eBay the best place to look?? Thanks guys!
tigster88
    Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:53 am

Anyone used an Rtech machine? Looking at an Rtech tig welder for sale here, http://www.for-sale.co.uk/tig-welding, the third one down. There's a few more on the page too, so if anyone has any suggestions it would be great. Only two days left on the first auction so would be awesome if there was a quick response or two. Appreciate your time.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Took a quick look. Did notice that machine said DC only which means no tig Alluminum. That doesn't mean it's a bad machine I do a lot work with a small Miller machine that has less features than that one looks to have. It's hard to justify a used machine unless you can test run it to make sure it works. If that's all the money you have don't forget about a gas bottle. Other than that there is a lot you can do with and learn from practicing with a 160 amp machine like that. It's probably a good starter machine.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

If it is to be a starter,remember it is a low priced starter which will limit your expectations.
IF you are serious about welding, I say look for robust machine,meaning plenty of spare amperage(250-300).
whistle and bells not important as amperage. I recommend
preflow/post flow
HF start
AC with frequency/balance.
remote amp control(foot pedal or--)
Just an opinion,mine :)
TIG addictive, budget for support stuff and wants.
This site supports learning WELCOME
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)