Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
tvopal
    Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:59 pm

My dynasty welder is having problems on thin gauge material. The arc is jumping in and out. Anything lighter than 16ga, when trying to hold a steady voltage the heat comes and goes making it difficult to make a nice looking weld. Heavier materials with more heat there is no issue. I originally thought it was the foot pedal, although after swapping with another machine the problem still exists. Any suggestions?
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

I suggest you disclose many many more details besides material thicknesses. All welding parameters are important. ;)
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Try running it as scratch start without any pedal on low amps. If you can keep a steady arc gap but there are still fluctuations it's likely the machine.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

If that machine uses points to start the HF arc, they might need cleaning or adjustment. This can manifest itself as unstable arc on low current. I actually had this issue on another brand of inverter machine, points adjustments fixed it.

Sent from mobile. Not responsible for Typos
AFR_Autoworks
    Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:35 am

I have had this issue before. My first thought is to go into the hidden menus and adjust arc start amperage. It is probably set too high. Give that a shot and see if it helps