Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Great work Pete!

Looks like we have successfully depleted WA's stocks of NOS Solar Flux. Gonna give some a shot over the weekend. Picked up a fresh 6.8m3 bottle of argon today and I'm like a pig in mud. Have gas, will weld. Prfft!

Kym
kblenker#22
    Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:23 pm

Don't mean to butt in but aren't kegs made of aluminum not stainless why would there be any sugaring?
jdranchman
    Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:06 am

kblenker#22 wrote:Don't mean to butt in but aren't kegs made of aluminum not stainless why would there be any sugaring?
Both. All my kegs are SS. In all the micro/nano breweries I've toured, they had either SS or plastic (for house use only). Alum kegs are like the ugly step children of kegs - they can't take a beating like SS. I haven't done it yet but I will be doing some keg repairs and plan on making a back-purge box for that.
kblenker#22
    Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:23 pm

You learn something new everyday. Thanks
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

If anyone finds an aluminum keg, send it to me, it's very old and worth money to a collector....very rare nowadays. ALL KEGS are stainless per health rules.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

How many stamps will I need to get it from Australia to Ilinois?

Kym
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

MosquitoMoto wrote:How many stamps will I need to get it from Australia to Ilinois?

Kym
Woohoo....lots and lots Ill bet. 8-)
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
88MOOSE88
    Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:13 am

use some foam or for welds close to the purge hose stainless wire wool or wire pad.