Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
d.smith
    Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:14 am

I work with a Miller Syncrowave 250 with a #20 size watercooled flex torch with pedal control. I do a lot of jobs where I have to work around things or up on ladders where the pedal doesn't really come in handy, so I ordered myself a watercooled CK20 torch with the gas control on it. Switched the torches on my machine but not sure how to get the gas flow to work without using the pedal. Still fairly new to mechanics of the machines.

Here are my two torches and a pic of the face of my welder.

Last edited by d.smith on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

I'd assume you have to put that in lift arc or touch start(always on) and unplug the pedal.
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB
    Thu May 07, 2015 11:46 am

There should be a switch on the machine for remote start. Turn it off. You may have to hook the torch hose directly to the flow meter.
Freddie
d.smith

I have the amperage control set to panel instead of remote, same with output contractor. Tried unplugging the switch and still nothing. Was hoping it would be a convienient enough switch that I could use the remote when doing bench work and disable it for out of place jobs.
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

big gear head wrote:There should be a switch on the machine for remote start. Turn it off. You may have to hook the torch hose directly to the flow meter.
or remove pedal and wire a on/off button and attach to the torch, with post flow on and bumping the switch on/off can control the amperage at the weld.(manual pulsing)
Credit where credit due "Thanks TamJeff" http://www.mcmaster.com/#pendant-switches/=yfvdjp -and- http://www.amazon.com/Insten%C2%AE-3-5m ... 81&sr=1-51 25ft mini cable
Attachments
DSCN0649.JPG
DSCN0649.JPG (47.25 KiB) Viewed 1614 times
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Hook the Argon hose directly to your flow meter as was suggested and when you're doing bench work you can hook it up to the machine, only takes a minute. Set the controls to panel and scratch start and you're good to go.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
d.smith

went to the hardware store to get a coupling to hook the torch right to the flow meter, works mint! thanks guys for all your input. this should make things much easier
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

Options & solutions
nice to see your problem solved
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)