Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
gamble
    Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:10 pm

Wes917 wrote:I too have the Htp cooler. I only have two complaints. First is how loud it is, second is that while it works great with my 25' ck torch, if I hook up my weldcraft it immediately trips the alarm, which really sucks as I really like the feel of the weld craft. Using the weld craft on the miller cooler, or the Lincoln equivalent, or a Bernard the toe h is fine.
Sounds like a torch problem..
Wes917
    Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 pm

gamble wrote:
Wes917 wrote:I too have the Htp cooler. I only have two complaints. First is how loud it is, second is that while it works great with my 25' ck torch, if I hook up my weldcraft it immediately trips the alarm, which really sucks as I really like the feel of the weld craft. Using the weld craft on the miller cooler, or the Lincoln equivalent, or a Bernard the toe h is fine.

Nope works fine on the coolmate. Emailed the folks at htp and they said it was typical for that model torch and the cooler.
kiwi2wheels
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 am

Wes917 wrote:
gamble wrote:
Nope works fine on the coolmate. Emailed the folks at htp and they said it was typical for that model torch and the cooler.
I remember seeing CK and Weldcraft torches sectioned through the heads and the CK had greater capacity water jacket.

Maybe the cooler has a pressure sensor for the alarm on the outlet side that is triggered by the flow restriction from
the Weldcraft torch ?
adrynalinjunkie
    Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:26 pm

Nope works fine on the coolmate. Emailed the folks at htp and they said it was typical for that model torch and the cooler.[/quote]

I remember seeing CK and Weldcraft torches sectioned through the heads and the CK had greater capacity water jacket.

Maybe the cooler has a pressure sensor for the alarm on the outlet side that is triggered by the flow restriction from
the Weldcraft torch ?[/quote]

Watch Jody's video on torches that is where he cuts the two apart you can see the CK has about 10 times bigger water jacket in the torch head
camshaft
    Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:28 pm

well its pretty much a selling feature now...

camshaft
    Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:28 pm

Just wanted to get some ideas..

To build your own it seems like a pump and motor are 200.00 range,
PROCON PUMP KIT WITH MOTOR, BRASS PROCON PUMP, 115 vac MOTOR
Not including any other supplies, cooler, fan, etc etc,

For an extra 200 gets me a complete unit... anyone had any luck with the everlast units ?

i'm sure everyone has seen this post,
http://www.thefabricator.com/article/ar ... wo-welders
""Bright spent about $170 and 20 hours""
40.00 for used motor and pump WOW, so 170 +160 =330.00

The everlast cooler 400-440 range

WerkSpace wrote:A simple design.
kiwi2wheels
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 am

Here's the fix ?

http://forum.weldingtipsandtricks.com/v ... 787#p48612
Re: HTP Arcitc Chill 5460 LOUD fan, convert to Electric fan?

Postby adrynalinjunkie » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:39 am
SmartDave wrote:So of you who have this cooler as I do, have you had any issues with the flow alarm going off yet coolant is still flowing?

The flow alarm would not shut off with my 25 foot torch so I called HTP tech-support and the guy told me how to plug or I just folded over the small blue pressure reducing tube and zip tied it this increase the flow rate enough so that the alarm goes off and functions as it should.
Give it a try just take the top of the cooler off it's the only small blue hose going into the tank at the top
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

I have the Everlast water cooler with my PowerTIG250EX and like it. I normally work in a noisy shop with headphones in both ears, so the noise doesn't bother me.
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
adrynalinjunkie
    Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:26 pm

Looks like Everlast buys their cooler from the same manufacture that HTP and Nu-Tec do. LOL

I would buy from HTP though so you get the CK torch with CK superflex hose!
Last edited by adrynalinjunkie on Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:05 am

Coolermate 3 on my Synchro 250 here; never had a problem but I rarely go at it more than four hours per day either

Adam