Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:18 pm

Hi gang..Gota do a 2.75x.625 Monster test for fluor..Anyone got the specs on this test...Need to know how long tacks are..I'm assuming 4 ??..Searched hi & lo ..ie AWS UA..NOTHING !!! Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey. Call the administrative staff /human resources people where the test is, they will tell you and details. If they can't, it's a poor show.
Jrmycarroll87
    Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:51 pm

Took test today and busted for root suck back on bottom part .. but test is

2" heavy wall.
5/8 wall thickness
UA63

Tig root and one hot pass fit gap is up to you .. but they gI've you 5 hrs from start time .. you fit it tack it tacks can't be no larger than 1/2 in no more than 4 tacks I use 3 tacks one at 12:00 3:00 9:00 make the gap one when u tack.it in 6g pos to were gap is at bottom since that's hardest spot n easyest for error ... . U fit it tack it fix in 6g pos with torpedo level n tack it callem in to approve and stamp it n them time starts .. I recommend you do root on around 70-90 what u like best n let it cool.t2" heavy wall.
5/8 wall thickness
UA63
I had to leave, what did they tell you o the touch after root before u do hot pass .. I didn't n caused suck back on bottom half of my root .. .. but after u do root and hot then u finish off with 3/32 7018 x calaber rods .. make passes a tad below flush before u do cap .. can't exceed above 1/8 in root can't be below or 1/8 higher. . .. then after your finished the tell record your time stamp with your number n mail it off for xray