Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Fishbum
    Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:04 pm

Was getting ready to order a new 200dx to try to teach myself to weld aluminum!
And just saw a early 2013 for sale at a good price!
Says only been used 5 hours, comes with cart, almost full 80cf argon bottle,
A small bunch of consumables, original torch,
He said he paid about $430 for the extras.
Can buy all for about $900 the welder now is $1100
Question. Anyone know a reason not to buy the older design?
I have been watching all the posts about these welders and I know some of you have the different ones!
Welding mostly up to 1/8" buy a little 3/16
Thanks for the help!
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

I think the most significant difference is the 2014 model is dual voltage, and the earlier is 220 only. The ability to plug into a wall socket is GREAT for portability, but getting the extras with the earlier model might seal the deal. If you're not in a time bind, you might go to the Everlast forum and ask about the transferability of the warranty. And test the machine before you buy!
http://www.everlastgenerators.com/forums/forum.php

The members on that site have nothing but good things to say about the 200dx. Let us know how it goes!
Dave
aka "RTFM"
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Warranty is to original purchaser only! http://www.everlastgenerators.com/standard-warranty
"This warranty covers exclusively parts and labor during the warranty period. This warranty is non transferrable unless a specific exception is made in writing by EVERLAST."
Fishbum

soutthpaw wrote:Warranty is to original purchaser only! http://www.everlastgenerators.com/standard-warranty
"This warranty covers exclusively parts and labor during the warranty period. This warranty is non transferrable unless a specific exception is made in writing by EVERLAST."
Think that will keep me with new! That's too bad
I think that makes the product almost unsaleable !
If any product does not have strong resale
It holds back valve of the new also !!

Thanks.
dsmabe
    Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:50 pm

Especially with Everlast, I'd say go with the newest model. I have the 2014 version of the PowerTig 185 and has several improvements over the 2013 model. One that caused a big headache, apparently I must have the 1st one sold.
The PowerTig 185 Micro had dinse 25 connectors, my 2014 PowerTig 185 has dinse 35 connectors. Needless to say I had a tig torch that wouldn't plug into the machine.
Other than that hiccup, the machine runs great. Tig is all a hobby welder will ever need and the stick side almost welds for you.
soutthpaw

Fishbum wrote:
soutthpaw wrote:Warranty is to original purchaser only! http://www.everlastgenerators.com/standard-warranty
Think that will keep me with new! That's too bad
I think that makes the product almost unsaleable !
If any product does not have strong resale
It holds back valve of the new also !!

Thanks.
This is industry standard. Same with lincoln Miller etc.
soutthpaw

dsmabe wrote:Especially with Everlast, I'd say go with the newest model. I have the 2014 version of the PowerTig 185 and has several improvements over the 2013 model. One that caused a big headache, apparently I must have the 1st one sold.
The PowerTig 185 Micro had dinse 25 connectors, my 2014 PowerTig 185 has dinse 35 connectors. Needless to say I had a tig torch that wouldn't plug into the machine.
Other than that hiccup, the machine runs great. Tig is all a hobby welder will ever need and the stick side almost welds for you.
I got the 185 micro too. It's about as simple and straight forward and you can get. It will also weld 1" aluminum on DC with a 40/60 argon helium mix. The machine won't maintain an arc on 100% helium though unlike a Dynasty.
Fishbum

Thanks guys, I bought an old miller Dialarc hf
A few months ago to play with. I sold it but was able to start learning
I think I will be able to get the hang of it but will take some time,
I don't want to go to a whole welding school but would like to find someone
That will spend a couple hours with
Me to advise if the progress is a good weld not just good looking
Might try to find someone to pay for the advice occasionally!
Going to order one Monday!
soutthpaw

Fishbum wrote:Thanks guys, I bought an old miller Dialarc hf
I would have kept the diaarcHF. Why did you sell it? A location would help. Maybe someone near you willing to do that.
Fishbum

soutthpaw wrote:
Fishbum wrote:Thanks guys, I bought an old miller Dialarc hf
I would have kept the diaarcHF. Why did you sell it? A location would help. Maybe someone near you willing to do that.
Georgia about 30 miles northeast of Atlanta!
Sold the Dialarc to get something with some adjustment
And lower elect draw! And smaller and the most important thing
Prettier!!! Thanks
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Just a stones throw from Jody.

Mick
Fishbum

weldin mike 27 wrote:Just a stones throw from Jody.

Mick
Ya I see that! Doubt he is into that kind of thing.
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Fishburn,
Jody helps people learn to weld every single week with his videos and the best part is they're free. Wish his videos were around 30 years ago when I was learning to Tig. Starting this forum has added a wealth of knowledge to many budding welder's tool chest as well. Jody's made contributions to the welding community well beyond what anyone could have imagined a few years back, and I for one, commend him.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len

What kind of thing?? Throwing stones? Maybe at welding web members.... :lol:
Fishbum

weldin mike 27 wrote:What kind of thing?? Throwing stones? Maybe at welding web members.... :lol:
Was talking about personal training!

I'm sure he wouldn't mind a quick visit from a fan to his shop. Not talking about living on his couch.

Mick
Fishbum

weldin mike 27 wrote:I'm sure he wouldn't mind a quick visit from a fan to his shop. Not talking about living on his couch.

Mick
Ok. Might give it a shot! I know a guy in the same town that does aluminum work on boats!
Fishbum

Well pulled the trigger on that Everlast 200 Dx today. Think I will wait until I get it going to replace the big tourch !
Does someone make a flex 17 with the right connector? Or do you have to buy an adapter?
Will report on condition when it gets here!!
Fishbum

Just my luck! Ordered that everlast and a few hours later got a call that they are back ordered for about five weeks or so!
They tried to sell me the duel voltage model for $200 more! I don't need a duel voltage!!!
They are still advertising the other on creagist all over and know they don't have it!!! Not right! Not sure if there are other products with the same specs around but going to look some!
Anyone know? Thanks
soutthpaw

Fishbum wrote:Just my luck! Ordered that everlast and a few hours later got a call that they are back ordered for about five weeks or so!
They tried to sell me the duel voltage model for $200 more! I don't need a duel voltage!!!
They are still advertising the other on creagist all over and know they don't have it!!! Not right! Not sure if there are other products with the same specs around but going to look some!
Anyone know? Thanks
Did you consider an AHP200dx?
dsmabe
    Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:50 pm

Id tell them they need to keep the site updated. Their screw up, send you the dv unit but they are eating the $200.
Fishbum

soutthpaw wrote:
Fishbum wrote:Just my luck! Ordered that everlast and a few hours later got a call that they are back ordered for about five weeks or so!
Anyone know? Thanks
I have looked at them. Don't have one of the setting the other does ? Think AC hz have to look again
Fishbum

dsmabe wrote:Id tell them they need to keep the site updated. Their screw up, send you the dv unit but they are eating the $200.
I did try! It is a ceaigslist add that they run all over the country! They now have the Dv on that add!
soutthpaw

Fishbum wrote:
soutthpaw wrote:
Anyone know? Thanks
I have looked at them. Don't have one of the setting the other does ? Think AC hz have to look again
My understanding is that's getting added to the 2015 model.
PickWelder
    Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:15 am

Some Version 2014's specification is better
You can read: http://pickwelder.com/everlast-powertig ... views.html
Millermatic 211
http://pickwelder.com