Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Mon May 12, 2014 12:06 am

Now that I have been using my new Dynasty 200DX, I frequently find myself with the WP17 torch getting too hot to hold... Water cooled???

Well, today I got a nice Coolmate 4 for $400.... as for a torch, I have been looking at the CK Worldwide 200 series, basically the CK225SF-FX...

I assume the CK flex heads are well designed and perform well...

Any comments?
Last edited by GlenC on Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glen
Miller Dynasty 200DX - Millermatic 350P - Hypertherm Powermax 45 - Hobart Handler 150
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

I have the equivalent of a Weldcraft WP20 and love it. It's 250a 100% duty cycle on DC and 180a 100% duty cycle on AC, but I've gone up to 250a with it with 1/8th tungsten. Watercooled is the way to go for sure though!
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

GreinTime wrote:I have the equivalent of a Weldcraft WP20 and love it. It's 250a 100% duty cycle on DC and 180a 100% duty cycle on AC, but I've gone up to 250a with it with 1/8th tungsten. Watercooled is the way to go for sure though!
I've actually run the Weldcraft WP-20 at 310A AC (65% negative balance) for 20 minutes continuous (minus rod changes), and 10 minutes off, all day for two days. Tough li'l S.O.B., if your water cooler has the flow. Did smoke a torch lead, when my creeper rolled over and pinched off the supply line... BIG stink. Flushed the system, replaced the return/power line, and resumed with the same torch.

Steve S
GreinTime

Yeah I welded at 180 at right around 60% for probably 30 minutes and you could touch the torch neck (although the cup burnt the bejeezus out of me lol)
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
    Mon May 12, 2014 12:06 am

I've always had the Weldcraft and no reason to depart from them ... other than cost. I found a CK225SF for less than $110 and the Weldcrafts are nearly double. Now I need to decide if I want a flex head for an additional $30...
Glen
Miller Dynasty 200DX - Millermatic 350P - Hypertherm Powermax 45 - Hobart Handler 150
GreinTime

They have CK230 Watercooled torch heads at one of the LWS for $95.20, but they are ridiculous on pretty much everything lol. I just looked on ArcZone and can get the CK230 torch head for $56.18 before shipping lol. They are super cheap on consumables as far as gas lens and cups and whatnot though, which surprised me. Plus the manager is cool and I can normally wheel and deal with him if it's something I need that day and can't wait for it to ship.
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-