Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Bugel,
Tell your wife that is very nice!! She might be taking your space over. At least she wore protection on the upper portion of her body! Come on female members, let's see your work!

Steve,
That was honestly her very first lap joint. I stood there with the phone camera waiting for her to get done and take the shot.
-Jonathan
Adam's Got Skills
    Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:32 pm

I love this whole thread!!! I think that's so cool that another female is taking interest in welding. I have one female in my class at school. My niece actually wanted to try welding a month or two ago and that was really fun for me. She was so apprehensive cuz she was worried about burning up steel/consumables ...but after she realized i REALLY didn't care cuz i was having more fun spending the quality time together. Im the closest thing to a parent she has. But unfortunately she hasn't really wanted to try it since. Im ok if she's not into it and i don't pressure her to do activities she doesn't like but.....An uncle can hope I guess.
    Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:34 am

I agree, I wanna see a women's version of the "what I welded" thread.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

I think some of you might be women if that counts...
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
aeroplain
    Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:15 pm

Snagged my girl because she was a welder, thought," she can't be all bad." Guess they made here an inspector by the time we started seeing each other and now works in the offices. Been trying to get her fired up about welding so she will go in half on a machine; she says we need a bathroom re-model first. :? At least she tells me my welds are pretty. :D

GreinTime wrote:I think some of you might be women if that counts...
Takes one to know one ;) :lol:
-Jonathan
GreinTime

Well you I at least know for a fact 'look' like a man... the others I'm not so sure about ;)
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-

GreinTime wrote:Well you I at least know for a fact 'look' like a man... the others I'm not so sure about ;)
Aren't you supposed to be sleeping? :lol:
-Jonathan
GreinTime

Yes. Good point lol. I just got home so I figured I would talk some smack and disappear for a few weeks again lol
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

aeroplain wrote:Been trying to get her fired up about welding so she will go in half on a machine; she says we need a bathroom re-model first. :?
When my ex said we needed a bathroom re-model...

I said looks more like we need a bathroom scale.....

"....and that's how the fight started...." :lol:
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
    Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:25 pm

Bathrooms aren't hard. I re-plumbed and re-fitted ours while my husband was away, so it would be all done when he got home. Kept the overall cost way down too. It came out very well.
--Tater

BTW, working on posting some pictures for you guys.. having difficulty transferring them from my not-smart phone to a file. Working on it.

Later,
--Tater

MinnesotaDave wrote:
aeroplain wrote:Been trying to get her fired up about welding so she will go in half on a machine; she says we need a bathroom re-model first. :?
When my ex said we needed a bathroom re-model...

I said looks more like we need a bathroom scale.....

"....and that's how the fight started...." :lol:
Dave, Dave, Dave. You know better than that!!
-Jonathan
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Best Stick-on-pipe welder I ever met had a red braid down to her belt and always smelled nice on the elevator.

She could show all the boys up, and not stink like sweat, at the same time.

I don't think we need a separate "what a woman did" picture thread. This is not NBA vs. WNBA, where any physical difference between the genders (average height?) may affect how performance is measured.

Steve S
forrestderp
    Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:51 am

I have been trying to convince my woman into trying out welding, she has a degree in film making and is currently a news producer, so with her artsy side I think she could enjoy it, at least for making her own filming equipment as that stuff gets spendy! But alas I hear more often than not "why do you need another welder, what's wrong with all the other ones you have." :D
aeroplain
    Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:15 pm

Tater wrote:Bathrooms aren't hard. I re-plumbed and re-fitted ours while my husband was away, so it would be all done when he got home. Kept the overall cost way down too. It came out very well.
She right of course, and so are you, but I remodeled for about six years and am not looking forward to it, besides , I really "need" a machine at home. :)

You ALWAYS need another machine, even if you don't weld all that well like me.

:D
--Tater
GreinTime

'She' is always right... just ask her!
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
    Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:11 am

Your wife is a keeper man! :D Maybe she's secretly having that real interest in doing it.