Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

i have a syncrowave 250
how does this compare to the new inverters ?
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
    Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:38 pm

I have used the syncrowave and it is a nice machine. But when it comes to AC there is no compairison with and inverter. The inverter AC wave is smooth as silk, and add to that the fact that you can change the AC frequency they are great. It also seems that wave balance is more accurate with an inverter. I have used a Lincoln V310T, V205T and a Miller 200DX.
Learn 6010 and you will learn to weld
Follow the progress of my students on Twitter @PentaWelding
jrogers80
    Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:13 pm

Wtfh, do you know if the 200dx and the 280dx dynasty's have ac pulse?
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:44 am

yes, both the 280DX and 200DX have pulse on AC.
TamJeff
    Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:46 am

Unless you are going to weld something absolutely bizarre, and a lot of it, and if you have the electrical service to power that SW 250, you can weld just about anything in the mainstream with it, and weld it quite well. I have been running one at 250 amps AC, every working day for the last 15 years. The machine was probably nearly that old when I started using it.

If you get skilled with the SW, anyone would be hard pressed to tell what you welded your projects with. I'd use it for what it's worth and make some $ with it.

I have both a SW250 and a Dynasty 300DX. I use the SW probably 99% of the time.

Miller ABP 330, Syncrowave 250, Dynasty 300 DX.
Honorary member of the Fraternity of Faded Tee Shirts.
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

TamJeff
your welding knowledge and skills
are unbelievable so if you tell me its
a great machine case closed.
thanks for the reply
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
TamJeff
    Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:46 am

Being that you already own it, it will do just about anything you need it to. If you get to a point where you feel the machine is holding you back, by all means, upgrade.

Some of the nicest (as good as, anyway) welds I have ever seen, or will likely ever see, have been done on transformer machines. You can weld some elite stuff with it for sure. Get good with that SW, and there isn't much you won't be able to TIG weld regardless of what tech is available.
Miller ABP 330, Syncrowave 250, Dynasty 300 DX.
Honorary member of the Fraternity of Faded Tee Shirts.
'Stang
    Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:12 pm

motox wrote:i have a syncrowave 250
how does this compare to the new inverters ?
TamJeff nailed it on the head. The Sync 250 will do just about anything you need to do. They have been around a long time and are great machines. The only drawback is the power supply required. They will make your electric meter go into over-drive. The inverters are great, I have a 200DX. I wanted the portability and multi-voltage. But, I can't weld as thick a material as your Sync 250. And, I don't have the duty cycle. Maybe I'll buy a 280DX. Lol.